Broken heart syndrome...

...I imagine that Charles will be king in about four months.
Nah, Queen Elizabeth will be around for another year at least.
I think they’re going to promote Archie to King. The Monarchy has to go woke. Oprah will be in charge of public relations.
...I imagine that Charles will be king in about four months. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Nah, Queen Elizabeth will be around for another year at least. Originally Posted by Stockinglover

she might live several years longer. who knows? her mother lived to be 101. she's 94 so what if she makes it to 100? i think unless she suffers some medical event that leaves her unable to rule then she'll die as Queen and that could be years.

then Charles becomes King as he should. a lot of young "woke" types when the time comes want Charles to abdicate the throne to William. Charles should take the throne, for himself as tradition dictates. i'm also certain William doesn't want to be King anytime soon as he also accepts the fact he will be King eventually.

and all this because Edward VIII abdicated the throne and set a different line of the Windsors on the throne.
Interestingly there is a stage play called King Charles II. Mike Bartlett wrote it like a period Shakespeare play. Queen Elizabeth II is dead and son Charles expects to be king finally. He has his second wife with him and two grown sons. The oldest son has a dark haired wife who has ambitions of being queen herself. The younger son is more of a problem. At the time of the Queen's death the younger son is seeing a woman of color, an activist of a sort. This play was written in 2014 long before Megan was on the scene. She advises that the younger son turn his back on the royal family, claim the driver as his real father, and walk away. In the mean time, the older son is making a grab for power. During a press conference, he and his wife force Prince Charles into a proverbial corner saying that the oldest son would be a better choice for king. In the ensuing chaos, Charles is forced to pass on the title to his oldest son and at the end, the younger son leaves his girlfriend for his "family" at the castle. The climax comes when Charles breaks up the proceeding by approaching his son, taking the crown from the Archbishop of Canterbury, and crowning his own son himself. Thus, ends any impact that Charles will have on history.
she might live several years longer. who knows? her mother lived to be 101. she's 94 so what if she makes it to 100? i think unless she suffers some medical event that leaves her unable to rule then she'll die as Queen and that could be years.

then Charles becomes King as he should. a lot of young "woke" types when the time comes want Charles to abdicate the throne to William. Charles should take the throne, for himself as tradition dictates. i'm also certain William doesn't want to be King anytime soon as he also accepts the fact he will be King eventually.

and all this because Edward VIII abdicated the throne and set a different line of the Windsors on the throne. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Didn’t matter Edward didn’t have kids and Elizabeth would have been Queen, only 20 years later after he died in 1976
believe it or not, I'm in the line of succession to the throne of England

my brother did a whole research thing on it and sent it to me

but quite a bit would have to happen

it would make a great tragi/comedy if it did happen
Congrats, King Ralph.
Congrats, King Ralph. Originally Posted by gnadfly
you made me laugh
Didn’t matter Edward didn’t have kids and Elizabeth would have been Queen, only 20 years later after he died in 1976 Originally Posted by Stockinglover
Not so cut and dried. Edward was forced to abdicate because of Wallace Simpson. If she was not in the picture then no abdication and no Wallace. Like Charles, they would have found some well-bred lady to be a brood mare for the Windsors. He was 42. Princess Maria Christina of Spain would have made a good match. She would have been 25 years old in 1936.
No disrespect intended!!

But why the fixation on british royality? From anyone not in or from the uk. I have never understood this. They live lives so disconnected from reality. Incest and scandals. To a belief theyre better than most!
Carry-on
The broken heart syndrome is real. Amazing how many spouses die shortly after their partner. Some within days of each other. But not Queen Elizabeth. She is a tough old bag.
The broken heart syndrome is real. Amazing how many spouses die shortly after their partner. Some within days of each other. But not Queen Elizabeth. She is a tough old bag. Originally Posted by VitaMan
She still has her Corgis They don’t care when she farts. She’s good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ApiLrgIN_JY
But why the fixation on british royality? From anyone not in or from the uk. I have never understood this. Originally Posted by winn dixie
I can't speak pre-Diana, but I've been operating under the assumption that Americans found her engagement to Charles to be fairytale-esque, Like a modern-day Cinderella thinking she was a commoner, when actually her father was a Viscount. She just worked a series of low-paying commoner jobs after school because she wasn't a terribly good student.

Then from there, they got a taste of British royal scandal, and it was like a real-life soap opera. Women just ate it up.