Coming back down in April - Location Question

I made a few trips to your wonderful environs a couple of years ago. I stayed downtown and near the Market Center and I'm looking for a place with a little more nearby variety in terms of Restaurants/bars/maybe a little nightlife. Last times were business affairs (with enough sneak-around time to make the trip worth it ), this time will be strictly personal.

I'm sure I'll end up at Baby Dolls a couple of nights in a row, but an area with some convenient walking distance amenities would be nice.

Any ideas?

Oh, and of course, if anyone is interested in shooting the shit over a libation or two while I'm down there, I'm game.
When I come to town, I usually stay in north dallas, around the Legacy area just off the DNT. Tons of hip trendy restaurants and bars in that area with great vibe and eye candy. Unfortunately its not anywhere near baby dolls.
Thanks Fred

Hell, that's not far!
* victory park (nw part of downtown) has a W Hotel and some restaurants and bars

* uptown (just north of downtown across Woodall Rodgers Freeway) has a Ritz-Carlton and the swanky Hotel Zaza. LOTS of restaurants & bars up McKinney Ave. Zaza has a nice upscale bar & restaurant (dragonfly), maybe a provider or two or a 30-something looking for fun.

* downtown has lots of hotels, restaurants, bars

* galleria (I-635 aka LBJ and Dallas North Tollway aka DNT) has Sheraton, Westin, Hilton but not many restaurants you can walk to.

* addison (Belt Line Rd west of DNT) has lots of 3 star hotels (think La Quinta, Courtyard, etc) and the Intercontinetal a few blocks north. LOTS of restaurants and some bars.

* DNT & Preston Rd. has lots of 2-3 star hotels (think lots of providers hanging out there) and quite a fe restaurants but hardly any bars (except in restaurants).

* DNT & Legacy like fred suggested.

* DONT stay near LBJ & Coit Rd - the only decent hotel there is a Westin and few restaurants, no bars (except in the hotels). also, lots of providers hangout in this area at the 1-2 star hotels.

good luck in your visit to dallas and your search for delites.
You sir, are the man!

1st beer is on my when I get there!
  • PGATS
  • 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Stay near legacy west in Plano off DNT. There is a new development that is upscale with all the restaurants, bars, and hotels within walking distance.

On top of that, you're no more than 10-15min away from the galleria with many providers in that area and several in the Frisco/Plano area to boot.

Enjoy!
If you want to wind up at BDD then uptown is your best bet
Uber dude...