Nicole’s Dinner Club, Part Three - Italian

• selot
  • 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Nicole said Italian was next, so which Italian restaurant is the best in DFW…?

We have done Mexican. It was awesome.

We have done Bavarian. From all accounts to was a great time, with lots of bad jokes.

So now we move on to Italian, for Nicole’s Dinner Club, Part Three. As before one vote for each city.

Dallas

I don’t go to Dallas a lot to eat out… to many great restaurants in Fort Worth to keep me happy. So I don’t really have a choice for Dallas.

Fort Worth

Joe’s Pizza and Pasta

Not a classy place, but it’s where we go when we are in the mood for Italian. It’s a small place off of I-35 and Sycamore School Road.
Maggiano's Northpark

Nice seperate dining room and bar upstairs. Willow Bend location might be nice too, but I have never been there.

This Italian joint is one of my all time favorites...very romantic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WxDdz-Anls
Buca di Beppo

Family-style dining, several locations in the area including Frisco and Southlake/Grapevine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buca_di_Beppo

and when I think Italian cinema, this first comes to mind....in addition to the piccolo gatto.

from La Dolce Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99e25pmd5c

Cafe Italia in Grapevine. BYOW.
I second Maggiano's at Willow Bend (Plano).
I really like the BWOW idea. It would hold the cost down considerably. I have done little dinners before at Aboca's in Richardson, Picasso's in Plano as well as Covino's in Plano. They are all BWOW. Caliente suggested one in Las Colinas called Michael's ? If all the guys brought a couple of bottles of their favorite wine we could do some serious damage. LOL. Probably have to hire a fleet of cabs to get everybody home.
How about Mi Piaci. Off of Montfort & Beltline in Addison. They have a nice wine room downstairs which can accomodate about 25 people...Food is great and so is the service....

Other choice would be Majiano's in Plano. They may have different size rooms available for private parties.....
I am definately up for the BYOW. I have a great selection at home and frankly paying costco price versus marked up price is very appealing. More money to spend on the ladies instead of over priced drinks.

Since it is an option I think we should stick with BYOW types and narrow down from there. Nicole, what do you think?
I knew we think a like Boltfan..... Go for BYOB... also a place that we can mingle... sometimes you get stuck sitting and have little chance to walk around.

my priorities:

1.- BYOW
2.- Grapevine sounds fantastic for me
3.- Wine tasting would be great... so far I know Pearlman loves good stuff I also do.

Costo is great for wine.
  • S-Man
  • 03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Momo's. They have an Addison location as well as one on near Knox/Henderson.
Brio in Southlake and Tuscany in Grapevine near the Gaylord.
I know Brio is not BYOW, is Tuscany?

I would be happy to bring a few bottles. We could even post what is coming so as to not duplicate choices.
Eddie's Napoli's in Garland
Terilli's
Luigi's in Rockwall
Magianno's at Willow Bend in Plano on a Saturday night.