Should I change my name?

I just received another PM meant for Sofia of Houston.

This happens to me all the time. People even mix us up in person.

At the last Houston social function I attended, 2 guys were "keeping their distance" until they were informed that I was a different Sophia. At the Halloween social, a girl mixing me up with her eventually lead to a verbal threat against me.

And it also is just gets plain irritating when I'm trying to see if I have any new reviews and a search for my name pulls up every thread where a hobbyist has misspelled Sofia as Sophia.

It's funny cuz there is a Sophie in Austin, Sophie Bella, who I actually have a lot more in common with. We're about the same age, about the same height, similar weight, both Anglo, both indie providers, both graduated from UT, we share an incall, spell our names with a "ph", etc... but we almost never get confused. Not sure why that is...

So, should I change my name, or should Houston men learn to tell the difference?
Wow what a pain in the *$$ to have to get confused with her.

I would think about it, will your reviews roll over with your new name?
Nah keep your name. The only reason your getting pm's is cause it was hot topic lately but confusions happen from time to time . . . . even when you have a one of a kind name.
At the last Houston social function I attended, 2 guys were "keeping their distance" until they were informed that I was a different Sophia. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Aren't you glad I straightened them out?

So, should I change my name, or should Houston men learn to tell the difference? Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Houston men NEVER learn.

I'll bet you didn't consider the fact that the 50+ PMs she received begging her to stay were probably intended for you.

And Italia, even though you're a dear friend and I love ya, I am not going to say "Look, I'm under Italia." Those posts annoy me more than "+1" posts.
TexasGator is right all those pm's for her to stay were probably intended for you Sophia.

and TexasGator: LOL.. barf me out the door! @ " +1 "
Sophia, you cannot please all the people all the time. Plus some people just are not that bright to begin with since your name is Sophia while the other is Sofia... gee, I have no trouble.

As for Italia's suggestion, I know this site uses the newer version of the vBullentin s/w, so your posts will show your new name should you choose to change it but I wouldn't unless it is interfering with your success in the biz. However, I tend to be a bit stubborn as well as being a picky SOB or so I am told by my RW friends.
That's a damn shame you're experiencing that much trouble because of sofia.
IMHO you should change your handle and distance your self from her she's trouble.
That's a tough call.

The other Sophia seems to be unhappy here and says she is leaving.

Maybe just give it a little more time and wait for the dust to settle.
Changing your name would probably be ok... as long as you didn't change it to something like NiteTime Sofia or DriveTime Sofia or Gawd forbid, ..Wayward ...
Sofia won't leave until she's banned which coukd be sooner thatn later she always end getting banned for her behavior.
BTW, I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a Sofia Bash-a-thon.
Yes, i would change.. :=)
Now I'm under Holly....
That's a tough call.

The other Sophia seems to be unhappy here and says she is leaving.

Maybe just give it a little more time and wait for the dust to settle. Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
And there is a prime example of what I was describing in my previous post.
Of course, you could look at it another way.........it could be that some people misspell her name on purpose..........kind of like "thinck".

or

It could be they are just too fucking lazy to care.

If you are given a lemon, make lemonade..............reroute the idiot who can't tell the difference to a clean email and then offer him 150 discounts for a review at your "co-op", while reminding him you are "sofia with a f".