Old Mod

Well, my time in the Big H is over now. The new guys are in place and doing a great job. So, I'll just mosey on back to Ohio/Indiana and the Diamonds & Tuxedo's Forums. It's been fun. Now go easy on those newbies.

I'm glad to be in Houston. I've been a mod at ASPD for many years and am very happy to be here at Eccie. My responsibilities include Ohio/Indiana/Diamonds & Tuxedos/ and now Houston.

So we are all on the same page. From now on, there will be no backbiting, slamming or personal attacks in Houston. We are going to have open discussions and we are going to disagree with each other but we are going to be civil about it.

I realize that there will be some who don't like this new policy. I'm sure we will all wish them well but we will have civility on this Board.

Anyone of you are free to contact me or any of the other mods via PM or Email at any time to ask questions, gripe, offer suggestions or just say Hi.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Welcome, John. Have you spent much time on the ground in Texas? Know our ways? I hope so. If you haven't, git on down here.
A mod's a mod's a mod. Doesn't matter where you learned your trade but nothing would make me happier than to come down to Texas and have some Q and some Lone Star.
Negative. Bull in a China shop won't work in Houston You have what they call problem children. Tysteel, Xavier, Etc. They will drive you nuts. You get heavy handed with them, they don't just sulk off into the night. They crash your board, they out you, they out your mother, they out your sister. It's your board, it's your rules, but you are making a mistake.
We will have civility. That's the rule and that's the way it will be.
  • mietk
  • 02-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Perhaps we can start with a definition of civility so we are all on the same page?

I'm pretty sure my definition is different than Big Jake's as well as a few others.

Thanks!
  • pyro
  • 02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
A Big Texas Welcome JB! You're sorely needed. Feel free to make examples of some.
Kinda like calling hard fouls in the 1st quarter on a championship game.
Glad your here!
There is much to what all of you have said. Here is a simple explanation. Disagree with someone's idea but don't make snide remarks about that person. Don't call them stupid or dishonest or the like.
Don't make nasty or mean gratuitous remarks about someone in a post just to show your contempt for them.
I don't expect this to be a lovefest but I do expect that people can come and post and speak their mind without someone else being rude.
Hope this helps put us in the same chapter if not the same page.
Welcome to the Party, John. Glad to have you here to keep all of us in line.