Tequila

• Dkayz
  • 03-30-2017, 10:28 AM
So, like an all-star, I forgot my passport at home. I really wanna pick up a few bottles of good Mexican tequila. Is there anywhere on this side of the border that sells some since I can't cross into Juarez? Thanks.
I remember being able to pick up Mexican made tequila and beer at a couple of super markets near the downtown bridge I think. That was like 20 years ago. Or maybe it was the stores on Alameda near the old Naked Harem.
The Old Naked Harem??????? What memories.
All tequila is made in Mexico. The main reason to cross the border to buy it is price. You should be able to get good tequilas in any liquor store in El Paso, or Dallas, or Houston or New York City.
If you would like suggestions, El Jimador is in the same price range as Cuervo, but is 100% blue agave. It is made by the Herradura distillery and if you want really good tequila buy the Herradura brand. About the same price as Patron but much much better imo.
About 10 years ago certain restrictions were lifted concerning export of tequila from Mexico. Since then, you can find most of the tequilas in US stores.
I vote for El Jimador too.... It is damn good... Just as good as Hornitos or Don Julio...
  • Dkayz
  • 03-30-2017, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys.