Agree to "terms of use" EVERY TIME when logging in?

It's just a nit, but after years of hanging around here it annoys me so I'm asking... Do you really need us to check "I agree to the terms of use" check box every time we log in? Haven't I agree to the terms of use when I created my login? And if it's really important, why is it missing from the dedicated log-in page?

It's not a huge deal, but half the time I am checking from a cell phone and this little box is annoying. (And no, I'm not just going to stay logged in -- sometimes my SO does use my phone.)

Please consider removing this stupid box. If you need a free technical hand in modding the HTLM/PHP/whatever, let me know. I can do that. (Look, a bitch and a willingness to help, all in the same post.)
We all have to and no one likes it, but its a necessary evil. And really its just one little mouse click.
How can I argue in the face of such logic?

Well, I'll try. Wouldn't this be like software publishers suddenly putting an "accept license" screen on every software package - every time it starts - because agreeing once isn't good enough. Hell, even my brokerage website with hard money at stake only makes me accept their terms and use agreement once...

So why again is this necessary?
Because the owners of the site want you to? And because you choose to be a member here? Thats as good as its going to get.

Just doing a quick bit of research with other sites;

TER - Yes "IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING AND AGREE:"
Naughty Reviews - Yes "IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING AND AGREE:"
BestGFE - Yes "WARNING : Adult Content Ahead"
TOB - Yes "By entering this website, you agree you are over 18 years of age and understand the above notice."

So its not really a foreign concept when dealing with adult-oriented websites.
L4F -

just sayin'

Security times 3!

Why doesn't your s.o. have her own phone?

Why don't YOU have a HOBBY phone separate from your own phone?

With a cell provider's "pot of minutes" master account an additional phone on your account is like 10 bucks a month. To me, that is a very inexpensive insurance policy.

But, to each his own.... and yes, it is an inconvenience to carry two separate phones... so leave the hobby phone at home when out and about! And leave it off or set to silent at all times to avoid the dreaded "s.o. knows I have a second phone" awkwardness.

In my case, I have a very personal phone and a very business phone (and a third one for computer access) and she understands that that way my normal bidness calls are during bidness time and not during family time (with an exception or two).

So yes, my pot of minutes is shared among 4 phones and costs me less than a session a year which is relatively cheap "insurance."

And, btw, since all of my phones use sim cards if any one of them breaks, I am not without cell resource as I keep vital numbers on all of the cards just in case.
I have to agree with the OP.

and you don't have to "agree to terms' on the mobile version..
There's a mobile version??!? Now there's something I didn't know!

to ck1942:
Yes - I have a hobby phone. Yes - my SO has her own phone. But I have yet to find a plausible reason to tell her "Stop it" when she grabs my main phone off the counter and says "I'm just going to check X." And I'm pretty completely sure that if I try, it's going to send off a bazillion red flags in her mind.

My "security times 3" is dramatically different than yours. My hobby phone is a cash phone. It's voice & text only. And I cycle through a new sim/ph# every once in a while because I don't want any history and I don't like providers contacting me via the phone. If my SO finds my hobby phone, I want as little information as possible on it and I want to maintain plausible deniability that I actually even use it. But because my hobby phone is voice/text only, I do use my main phone to check eccie messages from time to time when I'm not in front of a PC.

to the mod:
You don't have to accept the terms & conditions explicitly (as you do here) every time you log into TER... Nor P411. Those are the two with which I'm familiar.

It does seem odd to me though that you have a "suggestions" forum, I make a suggestion, and the response I get seems very akin to "go F* yourself."
  • LNK
  • 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I find it annoying also, but it doesn't take me more than about 3-4 seconds to do the whole login sequence.

<click> in the Username box.
Type username.
<tab> to the password box.
Type password.
<tab> to the "remember me" checkbox.
<tab> to the annoying "terms" checkbox.
<space> to select the annoying "terms" checkbox.
<tab> to the login button.
<space> to select the button.

Most of the 3 seconds is spent typing my password. After that, it's tab, tab, space, tab, space.
It does seem odd to me though that you have a "suggestions" forum, I make a suggestion, and the response I get seems very akin to "go F* yourself." Originally Posted by Luv4Fun
Not all Sir, if I had intended to communicate to go fuck yourself, I certainly would have said so. My point was that while we appreciate the suggestion, it is what it is, and that is one thing is not likely going to change. There are certain legals measures that the owners feel needs to be taken running an adult site like this, and clicking that button is one of them.
Not all Sir, if I had intended to communicate to go fuck yourself, I certainly would have said so. My point was that while we appreciate the suggestion, it is what it is, and that is one thing is not likely going to change. There are certain legals measures that the owners feel needs to be taken running an adult site like this, and clicking that button is one of them. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Well, there is the answer and a plausible one at that so it is what it is..
Think we're done here...

And sorry if I got a little pissy in my posts.

Jeff