What is up with the government buying up all the 5 7 28 mil ammo?

I have 2 weapons that take this caliber. Every gun show, gun store, individual buyer, have all told me the same thing. The government came in and bought (sometimes just confiscated) allllll the 5 7 ammo. That's the caliber that runs the P90. The weapon most military uses in the field. What could possibly be happening right now that they take ALL of the ammo in the entire country. That makes me nervous just a tad.

Anyone have access to some 5 7?

Need some 16 gauge buck shot too. Can't find that for crap.
I have 2 weapons that take this caliber. Every gun show, gun store, individual buyer, have all told me the same thing. The government came in and bought (sometimes just confiscated) allllll the 5 7 ammo. That's the caliber that runs the P90. The weapon most military uses in the field. What could possibly be happening right now that they take ALL of the ammo in the entire country. That makes me nervous just a tad.

Need some 16 gauge buck shot too. Can't find that for crap. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Kayla I don't believe anything you say- you probably viewed some blog or read some article like this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlKNAMUHyo and http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/20...o-2450102.html

So are you honestly telling me Kayla that you are this avid gun collector and you went to all these gun shows and you getting the same story that the govt is either buying(if that were true Gun owners should be happy) or confiscating guns( so if the govt is taking away their guns for no apparent reason why aren't there massive lawsuits or wouldn't these gun owners be out business?). I go to the range every 3rd Sat and they still have all the weapons- I think you are full of it Kayla- you haven't attended all these gun showers nor have owners told you anything like that- so today you just decided to post.
Basically you listen to talk radio shows and just copy and paste bullshit as if you are living the life- in street lingo they will call you a POSER and you are a very bad poser - you try so hard to make it seem like you know a lot about politics but you don't know crap- stick to your day job.

Need some 16 gauge buck shot too. Can't find that for crap. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Also, I might add- if you are one of these paranoid gun freaks who thinks well I must have a gun against the govt rebels against the citizens. Let's play devils advocate and say the govt comes nuts and turns this country into a military state- WTF good would any of your bullshit weapons do against the govt??? You do realize the govt has something that citizens can never own it's called Tanks and you do realize that bullets will not penetrate a tank right? Jeez!!!
Also, I might add- if you are one of these paranoid gun freaks who thinks well I must have a gun against the govt rebels against the citizens. Let's play devils advocate and say the govt comes nuts and turns this country into a military state- WTF good would any of your bullshit weapons do against the govt??? You do realize the govt has something that citizens can never own it's called Tanks and you do realize that bullets will not penetrate a tank right? Jeez!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Another FYI, WE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Destruction_Badge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov_cocktail

And don't forget Tom Hanks and his "Sticky Bombs".
Another FYI, WE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Destruction_Badge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov_cocktail

And don't forget Tom Hanks and his "Sticky Bombs". Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You are quoting something that happened in the 40's to a U.S M-1 Abrams tank?????

Here's a quote from Wiki on the armor of the M-1 Abrams which is worldly recognized as the best tank in the world- by far.

The added protection from the depleted uranium armor is believed to be equivalent to 24 inches (610 mm) of RHA. In the Gulf War, Abrams tanks survived multiple hits at relatively close ranges from Iraqi Lion of Babylon tanks and ATGMs. M829A1 "Silver Bullet" APFSDS rounds from other M1A1 Abrams were unable to penetrate the front and side armor (even at close ranges) in friendly fire incidents as well as an incident in which an Abrams tried to destroy an abandoned Abrams stuck in the mud.[46]

So IB you are really stupid or yeah you are STUPID to believe a hand weapon could penetrate a M1 Abrams tank LMFAO!!!
Well endowed I didn't know you were that dense. What would 300 million people do to an army? Cut it to pieces probably. Look at Afghanistan. I can't believe that you expect the entire army to violate their oath and go against the people and the Constitution. You've recently been institutionalized haven't you?

Notice how the Chinese army was stood down intially at Tienemen Square and that is a communist country.
You are quoting something that happened in the 40's to a U.S M-1 Abrams tank?????

Here's a quote from Wiki on the armor of the M-1 Abrams which is worldly recognized as the best tank in the world- by far.

The added protection from the depleted uranium armor is believed to be equivalent to 24 inches (610 mm) of RHA. In the Gulf War, Abrams tanks survived multiple hits at relatively close ranges from Iraqi Lion of Babylon tanks and ATGMs. M829A1 "Silver Bullet" APFSDS rounds from other M1A1 Abrams were unable to penetrate the front and side armor (even at close ranges) in friendly fire incidents as well as an incident in which an Abrams tried to destroy an abandoned Abrams stuck in the mud.[46]

So IB you are really stupid or yeah you are STUPID to believe a hand weapon could penetrate a M1 Abrams tank LMFAO!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
So WE, you really are stupid. One doesn't need to blow a hole in a tank to disable it! All one needs to do is knock off a track and it's disabled. If it's immobile and set afire, well it's a bit like an oven or a smoker: quite untenable for the crew.

Several Abrams that were irrecoverable due to loss of mobility or other circumstances were destroyed by friendly forces to prevent their capture, usually by other Abrams. Some Abrams were disabled by Iraqi infantrymen in ambushes during the invasion. Some troops employed short-range anti-tank rockets and fired at the tracks, rear and top. Other tanks were put out of action when struck in critical places by heavy machine gun rounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams

"something blasted the rear of two Abram tanks, setting them ablaze. As ammunition exploded in the fires, crewmen of Troop B scrambled to safety.

One of the tank drivers was trapped in the tank for several minutes while .50-caliber machine gun rounds cooked off before he could safely crawl free."

://www.militarycity.com/iraq/1704995.html

Here's laughing at you, WE!
Well endowed I didn't know you were that dense. What would 300 million people do to an army? Cut it to pieces probably. Look at Afghanistan. I can't believe that you expect the entire army to violate their oath and go against the people and the Constitution. You've recently been institutionalized haven't you?

Notice how the Chinese army was stood down intially at Tienemen Square and that is a communist country. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD you don't READ dumbass- it's LovingKyla who posted this stupid thread about where are all the ammo going and how all the gun shows she went to and gun owners ALL have told her that the govt has been buying up or confiscating large piles of ammo. So I assume Kayla and maybe the gun owners that she "knows" is thinking that perhaps their will be military rule- I on the other called her story Bullshit and then I played the devil's advocate that even if the govt had such an idea in mind- WTF would a citizen do going against an army that has tanks- Kayla can have any hand weapon she wants and I will take an M-1 Abrams in a battle any day.
READ CLEARLY BEFORE YOU RESPOND DUMBASS!!!!!!!
So WE, you really are stupid. One doesn't need to blow a hole in a tank to disable it! All one needs to do is knock off a track and it's disabled. If it's immobile and set afire, well it's a bit like an oven or a smoker: quite untenable for the crew.

Several Abrams that were irrecoverable due to loss of mobility or other circumstances were destroyed by friendly forces to prevent their capture, usually by other Abrams. Some Abrams were disabled by Iraqi infantrymen in ambushes during the invasion. Some troops employed short-range anti-tank rockets and fired at the tracks, rear and top. Other tanks were put out of action when struck in critical places by heavy machine gun rounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams

Here's laughing at you, WE! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Gosh Einstein that post made you look like the idiot- show me one incident where a civilian possessing a hand gun or an Assault Rifle took out a tank? I have seen videos of M1 surviving a direct close range RPG assault. Do you realize what they mean by "heavy machine gun" these are not ordinary hand weapons you MORON.
Here's a video of an M1 surviving a direct hit from a car with an IED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJqBSr_FEs

Also, do you realize when tanks have been damaged or become unrepairable that we(U.S troops) destroy them so they can't be used by the enemy or to protect classified info- and then the enemy uses it as propaganda to say they destroyed the tank?

By the way- for you to say that a simple handgun can take out an M1 Abrams then either you believe that those who create the M1(American based company General Dynamics) need to be fired for producing a shitty tank- even though every military report rates the M1 as the top tank in the world- it's even used by the Isreali army. I can also assume that you must agree that we need to seriously cut back our military spending since each tank cost roughly 10 million a piece? But wow a 10 million tank that the U.S makes can be dismantled by a citizen carrying a hand weapon SMH at your stupidity.
  • CJ7
  • 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM
aside from all the slobber, the simple fact remains we have been using ammo for the streetfight in the mid east for over a decade ... brass is at a premium. For all of you gun owners who yammer your mantra "better there than here", thats exactly where your ammo is going ... there... waaaaaaay over there.

Notice how the Chinese army was stood down intially at Tienemen Square and that is a communist country. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
How typical. Simple is as simple does.
OK.
For your simple mind that doesn't know shit about context or circumstances.

If no soldier violates his/her oath, it would be over quickly. Very quickly.

Soldiers have no obligations to the civilians of the US. None.

Assuming the officers issue lawful orders, your stupid statement casts further doubt on your claims of ever having worn our country's uniform.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).
Gosh Einstein that post made you look like the idiot- show me one incident where a civilian possessing a hand gun or an Assault Rifle took out a tank? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Never once claimed a hand-gun would take out a tank, asshole. That's a straw-man argument of your own devise. But strategically placed shots from a Barrett M82 rifle could immobilize a tank! Furthermore, it's documented fact that determined individuals with Molotov cocktails (a bottle, a rag, petrol and tar, heavy oil or pitch) have taken out hundreds of tanks in battle. Improvised thermite devices can also be manufactured and assembled domestically. It was done all through WWII and in subsequent wars. You're being foolishly and willfully ignorant -- like White Star and its claims about the "unsinkable" Titanic -- when you deny what's been documented in modern warfare. Killing a tank without AT weapons is not an easy task, but it's also not impossible as you stupidly claim.

I have seen videos of M1 surviving a direct close range RPG assault. Do you realize what they mean by "heavy machine gun" these are not ordinary hand weapons you MORON. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Oh my gosh!!! You mean those a big, heavy machine guns -- M2HB - "Ma Deaux" - .50 caliber type of machine guns -- like Odumbo and Holder have been giving to the drug cartels in Mexico?

Also, do you realize when tanks have been damaged or become unrepairable that we(U.S troops) destroy them so they can't be used by the enemy or to protect classified info- and then the enemy uses it as propaganda to say they destroyed the tank? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Kudos, WE!!! You've pretty much restated my point, ignoramus. A disabled tank that has to be destroyed is still a destroyed tank, MORON. Burning petrol, in quantity, on the outside of an immobilized tank will eventually defeat (out-last) the fire suppression system and kill the crew. A determined assault by a half dozen attackers -- or even one attacker -- on a tank in a confined, urban environment can disable and ultimately destroy a tank. Large timbers, metal beams, scrap rail, etc., thrown into a tank's bogies can immobilize a tank and lead to its eventual destruction. Tank traps can also immobilize tanks and lead to its destruction.

By the way- for you to say that a simple handgun can take out an M1 Abrams then either you believe that those who create the M1(American based company General Dynamics) need to be fired for producing a shitty tank- even though every military report rates the M1 as the top tank in the world- it's even used by the Isreali army. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
This is more of your nonsensical, straw-man argument. You've proved nothing but your own idiocy by arguing with yourself.

I can also assume that you must agree that we need to seriously cut back our military spending since each tank cost roughly 10 million a piece? But wow a 10 million tank that the U.S makes can be dismantled by a citizen carrying a hand weapon SMH at your stupidity. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
A Molotov cocktail is a hand-held weapon, stupid.
Never once claimed a hand-gun would take out a tank, asshole. That's a straw-man argument of your own devise. But strategically placed shots from a Barrett M82 rifle could immobilize a tank! Furthermore, it's documented fact that determined individuals with Molotov cocktails (a bottle, a rag, petrol and tar, heavy oil or pitch) have taken out hundreds of tanks in battle. Improvised thermite devices can also be manufactured and assembled domestically. It was done all through WWII and in subsequent wars. You're being foolishly and willfully ignorant -- like White Star and its claims about the "unsinkable" Titanic -- when you deny what's been documented in modern warfare. Killing a tank without AT weapons is not an easy task, but it's also not impossible as you stupidly claim.

Oh my gosh!!! You mean those a big, heavy machine guns -- M2HB - "Ma Deaux" - .50 caliber type of machine guns -- like Odumbo and Holder have been giving to the drug cartels in Mexico?

Kudos, WE!!! You've pretty much restated my point, ignoramus. A disabled tank that has to be destroyed is still a destroyed tank, MORON. Burning petrol, in quantity, on the outside of an immobilized tank will eventually defeat (out-last) the fire suppression system and kill the crew. A determined assault by a half dozen attackers -- or even one attacker -- on a tank in a confined, urban environment can disable and ultimately destroy a tank. Large timbers, metal beams, scrap rail, etc., thrown into a tank's bogies can immobilize a tank and lead to its eventual destruction. Tank traps can also immobilize tanks and lead to its destruction.

This is more of your nonsensical, straw-man argument. You've proved nothing but your own idiocy by arguing with yourself.

A Molotov cocktail is a hand-held weapon, stupid. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Ok give me an M1 Abrams tank and you get your fucking Molotov cocktail and see who gets blown to pieces- how stupid can you get??????
Ok give me an M1 Abrams tank and you get your fucking Molotov cocktail and see who gets blown to pieces- how stupid can you get?????? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Here's the issue, moron, you're the one claiming that it's impossible for an infantryman to immobilize an Abrams! That makes you the stupid one.
Kayla...it's so all those black helicopters flying in your neighborhood wiil now have air ammo

I think we need CumCzar to confirm her post...that will really add some reliabity to the big bad gov't coming along and buying up all the ammo