Infraction

I received an infraction for posting within 7 days in a city or too many post ...something like that...anyway Infraction is listed (as a tab) when you click on my Eccie reviews. Does that have to be on my review section for clients to see? I've known providers who have been banned for a while and come back that don't have that listed. Appreciate your help
The only one that can see it is you Lacy Trust me I have them as well lol
Ok appreciate it....
  • Mokoa
  • 10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Only the member and any staff member can view that member's list of infractions.
I got infractions also.. its moderators way of letting you know they do their job and do it well.
I'm a proud owner of an infraction too...don't feel bad! (lol) Btw, do infractions stay on our profile forever?
for posting a drab reply to an over 30 day thread. here is my question. if it is against the rules to post to threads over 30 days old and closed threads are still readable and searchable why not automatically close threads that have not had activity for 30 days. as evidence now that i have been given an infraction the thread is closed. had the thread been closd after 30 days no infraction would have occured.
I'm a proud owner of an infraction too...don't feel bad! (lol) Btw, do infractions stay on our profile forever? Originally Posted by Likinikki
no thank goodness ! lol
It should have an "expires on" date to the very far right Liknikki .
for posting a drab reply to an over 30 day thread. here is my question. if it is against the rules to post to threads over 30 days old and closed threads are still readable and searchable why not automatically close threads that have not had activity for 30 days. as evidence now that i have been given an infraction the thread is closed. had the thread been closd after 30 days no infraction would have occured. Originally Posted by petiteassman

OK PAM, lets discuss this. Here is the Forum Guidelines concerning this matter

#13 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.
We simply ask that REVIEW threads not be posted to after 30 days from the last post to it.

In regular forum discussions, they are often exempt from 30 day posting limit, that is at a moderators discretion. We simply ask that IF you are going to bump one of these old threads just be adding some relevant or important to the discussion. We have all seen the thread bumps that say "I agree" or "+1" or other that is irrelevant.

Now in your particular complaint above, you bumped a 5 month old REVIEW that was previously bumped after being idle for a year, to post the following

an oxymoron Originally Posted by petiteassman
Here is the review thread for everyone's reference
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...22#post1777822

Do you really think that you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider in this case? If you can convince me that that particular post is relevant to that particular review, I will reverse those points, right now (and I did not give them to you).

To address your question in post #7 above;

We are not going to go through and lock reviews automatically after 30 days because
1. Someone may have something VERY relevant to add down the road, and
2. We simply expect all members to follow the rules of the site, ones that you agreed to when you joined up here.

When you don't, that's when you will hear from a moderator.
they think we have ALL THOSE RULES memorized by heart.. we are not that smart.
THANKS CHICA.. come here and let me pet your puppy.
chica,

thanks for posting the guidelines and this ...
"We simply ask that REVIEW threads not be posted to after 30 days from the last post to it.

In regular forum discussions, they are often exempt from 30 day posting limit, that is at a moderators discretion.
"

i thought the 30 day rule applied to ALL posts, not just reviews.
i will rein in my ex-officio role and only RTM posts on older reviews.

wrt automatically locking older reviews, ...
as w/ most software, technically it could be done. but it's more a question of resources [people and cpu cycles] than of feasibility. and i think that the owners would have to make that decision, not the mods.

people could always request that of the owners in the appropriate forum.
something relevant absolutely not i was not mindful of last date post and i made a mistake. it was not an attack or an attempt to stir the pot or discuss a retired provider or someone who left the hobby. i called no one names and had no malice. it was about as malicious as hitting enter twice and doing a double post or no more malicious than each time you send me a pm i receive 2 identical. i simply look at it as a tech problem not worth worrying about as opposed to a malicious attempt to eat up my mailbox room. oh well whatever we will just agree to disagree.
OK PAM, lets discuss this. Here is the Forum Guidelines concerning this matter

We simply ask that REVIEW threads not be posted to after 30 days from the last post to it.

In regular forum discussions, they are often exempt from 30 day posting limit, that is at a moderators discretion. We simply ask that IF you are going to bump one of these old threads just be adding some relevant or important to the discussion. We have all seen the thread bumps that say "I agree" or "+1" or other that is irrelevant.

Now in your particular complaint above, you bumped a 5 month old REVIEW that was previously bumped after being idle for a year, to post the following

Here is the review thread for everyone's reference
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...22#post1777822

Do you really think that you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider in this case? If you can convince me that that particular post is relevant to that particular review, I will reverse those points, right now (and I did not give them to you).

To address your question in post #7 above;

We are not going to go through and lock reviews automatically after 30 days because
1. Someone may have something VERY relevant to add down the road, and
2. We simply expect all members to follow the rules of the site, ones that you agreed to when you joined up here.

When you don't, that's when you will hear from a moderator. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
i thought the 30 day rule applied to ALL posts, not just reviews. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Straight from an administrator: The rule only refers to Reviews. Discussion threads can go on and on.
Infractions expire...............I believe............I didn't know about the posting rules so I got a few.........and I got one because a pretty apparent white knight got offended haha!!
Infractions expire...............I believe............I didn't know about the posting rules so I got a few.........and I got one because a pretty apparent white knight got offended haha!! Originally Posted by **Karla**

Infractions do have an expiration date however the system generates that not the mods.