Replied to PMs not showing in messages

So, this is an odd one.

I can send PMs and I see them tracking under the "You have X confirmed and X unconfirmed" banner. I can also see them in my sent folder despite that setting being disabled in User CP.

However, if I reply to a PM, the message does not show in any location. It does not increase my "X unread" count, nor does it show in my sent items folder. It does show the little replied icon on the message in my inbox however. Overall, this seems odd rather than normal, and I wish to know if anybody else has noticed this issue.

As I usually start the PMs, I find it frustrating to not know if the message was read, even if I asked via my User CP for a copy to not be stored. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. :-)
If you are hitting QUICK REPLY (that's located to the RIGHT side of the page under the initial message you're replying to), those replies are not KEPT in your sent folder and probably not trackable too.

If you hit REPLY (that's located to the LEFT side of the page under the initial message you're replying to), THOSE (I believe) are trackable and copies kept in your sent folder.
Thank you Tia. I don't select either, but the quick reply is what is auto populated at the bottom of the page. So, I likely use that. I appreciate the help!