Excited for a last minute trip.

I'm debating on whether or not I should come to Austin tomorrow.
I'm getting excited just thinking about it because I've never been
Here before and I don't get out much, might even stay all weekend.
Let's see. Austin, what's good? What would you be excited to do if it was your first time in Austin?
Most folks live 6th Street on the weekends for good fun and drinks as you bar hop around.
Most folks live 6th Street on the weekends for good fun and drinks as you bar hop around. Originally Posted by airmech00
I've heard that also but I'm coming alone so I might not really drink lol.
Austin has some nice parks and greenbelts to walk around. The lakes also have a few parks, one is clothing optional. With the nice weather forecast for the weekend, there may be a crowd at the most popular ones. There are other attractions, what are your interests?
Austin has some nice parks and greenbelts to walk around. The lakes also have a few parks, one is clothing optional. With the nice weather forecast for the weekend, there may be a crowd at the most popular ones. There are other attractions, what are your interests? Originally Posted by whiskeyforus
Just depends on who I'm with. I'm fine going rock climbing or going out to eat or going to the movies. lol
There are places outside of Austin for rock climbing. I'm really not familiar with any of that right in Austin, but I know from the news, people having accidents, that there are some places. I think these cases were of somebody getting in a situation a little too advanced for their skill set, but not due to a difficult climb.
As for nice places to get something to eat, Austin has a lot of choices. Since you're from San Antonio, I'd say Austin's mexican food is good, San Antonio's is great. Austin's barbecue is great, so is San Antonio's. I'd suggest trying some of the many food trucks all over Austin. You'll find most anything you want there. Some are fantastic.
There are places outside of Austin for rock climbing. I'm really not familiar with any of that right in Austin, but I know from the news, people having accidents, that there are some places. I think these cases were of somebody getting in a situation a little too advanced for their skill set, but not due to a difficult climb.
As for nice places to get something to eat, Austin has a lot of choices. Since you're from San Antonio, I'd say Austin's mexican food is good, San Antonio's is great. Austin's barbecue is great, so is San Antonio's. I'd suggest trying some of the many food trucks all over Austin. You'll find most anything you want there. Some are fantastic. Originally Posted by whiskeyforus
I'm actually hoping you spend most of my time with clients but when I do get a moment I would like to see something. That last statement was just t say my interests vary and I enjoy so many different things. I have zero actual knowledge as to what Austin actually has to offer other than bars. I've only ever known people going there to party.
Partying is exactly what Austin is best known for, but whenever we sober up, there are a few other thing to do.
Partying is exactly what Austin is best known for, but whenever we sober up, there are a few other thing to do. Originally Posted by whiskeyforus
I'm not really sure what I want to do but I hope the weather is nice.
The forecast for Friday and Saturday is great. If you don't get anymore ideas, take a quick walk through the Capitol, and check out the Bullock Texas State History Museum. However, a fine looking woman would always get a lot of attention just walking through one of Austin's parks, especially if the weather forecast is right.
If the weather is nice, kayaking on Ladybird Lake is relaxing and the views are really nice.
Thanks guys they both sound really cool
be prepared for some of the worst traffic in the United States. if you get frustrated easily, as many of the local drivers do, use one of the ride companies.. our drivers act like the kids in a bumper car carnival ride.
Fri-Sunday Chocolate Lovers 100 HHR 150 HR BBBJCIMNQNS/MPCFS
That would be good in Austin
Fri-Sunday Chocolate Lovers 100 HHR 150 HR BBBJCIMNQNS/MPCFS
That would be good in Austin Originally Posted by fun2come
I believe they would be good anywhere but that wasn't the ad I posted and those are not a part of my menu.