Whiskey/Scotch and Cigar Combo

• km347
  • 02-14-2016, 02:58 PM
I am just coming into my own when it comes to the whiskey/scotch cigar combo. I am big on good whiskey/scotch but I'm a noob when it comes to choosing a good cigar to accompany my drink. I'm currently sipping on Hibiki Suntory Whiskey and puffing on Blue Mountain Cigars.

What's your go to Whiskey/Scotch Cigar combo?? Plus any suggestions on my next cigar purchase would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, I think there are a huge amount of excellent choices.

For me, the Cigar should be a Davidoff Double R or a Macanuda Maduro.

The scotch - only one - Glenmorangie Port Cask

The bourbon Whiskey - I'v done the Pappy Van Winkle but I stick with Knob Creek or Makers Mark
For scotch, I like Lagavulin... It is a single malt and peppery... Goes great with a cigar...

Basil Hayden is a great Bourbon Whiskey... Very smooth...

As for cigars, I like Por Larranaga..
La gloriga Cubana Serie R No.7 Maduro is my favorite stick..
  • THDFW
  • 02-14-2016, 06:58 PM
Padron 4000 Maduro and Bulleit Bourbon. For scotch, Balvenie 15 year old.
I'll second any LGC. Great family, great cigars
  • km347
  • 02-14-2016, 08:01 PM
I appreciate all the suggestions. I will definitely take all this info into consideration in my next purchases
Royal Salute 21
Brick House Robusto

I'm a Tatuaje whore. Brown label is still my go to stick. Two brothers in Plano has a great selection of them and a HUGE walk in humidor with tons of other stuff.

http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/smokes/

https://www.facebook.com/Two-Brother...-238502285133/

But as for scotch, just not my thing. I've been trying a lot of the local bourbons we're getting around here.
Rocky Patel cigars have treated me well. My current scotch favorite is Glen Moray Speyside single malt 12.

Enjoy...experiencing different ones is half the fun.
I stick with the favorite of Tennesseans: Woodford Reserve and a Montecristo #2
Blended scotches can be good too.. Ive been enjoying Dimple lately and its only $30.. That with a Padron 1964 or Rocky Patel Edge maduro is excellent.. Id also suggest a Kentucky Fire Cure Muwat with Laphroaig or any islay single malt
  • Stag
  • 02-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Dalmore makes a special "Cigar Malt" that is excellent with just about any smoke, but I usually enjoy mine with a Rocky Patel or (last night's pick) Arturo Fuente.
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway torpedo cigars were my favorite when I used to smoke.
It's best to pair cigars with cognac than with any other kind of beverages.