You know someone is a dirt bag when....

You take the time to acknowledge their birthday (date appropriate), and they never respond. Or, am I wrong?
  • BLM69
  • 08-30-2022, 07:41 PM
You're wrong, there's no loyalty in the hobby
Or they are like Neil deGrasse Tyson and don't celebrate such.
Yeah, I'd call them a low-class, self-absorbed dirtbag. They revealed themselves for what they are; move on.
Depends who it is. If they expect a Diamond Ring and you only sent a Birthday Card....
what sort of a relationship do you have with the non- responder??
family, intimate friend, relative, business colleague, hot neighbor down the street, provider, stripper, paper delivery person??

and how did you send the greeting?

just cos they dont respond doesnt mean they dont care.
Lot of variables here...Like are you talking about sending a text or leaving a voicemail? If so, wouldn't take it personal. And truth is, I'd fall way short of calling a provider a dirt bag for not returning my bday text/call.

But now if you're talking about actually sending a gift with some sort of monetary value then yeah, a thank you of sorts would be generally expected. But again...lot's of variable here..

Now the BIG question you have ask yourself is....are you sure it would have been HER that actually received the bday reach out?
You're wrong. If I don't give a shit about someone, I don't want to hear from them neither on my birthday nor any holidays. I would expect the same from someone who doesn't give a shit about me.

There are no standard rules how to fake being gracious when you would prefer not to hear from someone. It's just a somewhat rude way of telling someone, "Leave me the fuck alone because we're not cool like that."