what are you investing in

what investment do you have or looking to obtaining?
One of the safest, is the inflation protected bond which is paying 7.1% but has a $10,000 yearly limit. I'm still holding Ford, Intel, Citi, American Express and Energy Transfer to name a few.
Also holding hard assets.
I’m too paranoid for individual investments like those, I’d rather save in Roths and SEPs that have a far less chance of going negative.
I'm heavily invested in several brothels. Unfortunately I end up eating the profits
I'm mostly in ETFs and mutual funds. Lot of Apple, facebook, amazon, CVS, etc but mostly funds.
The trick is when to pull out. When to take the capital gains hit. It's bullshit that you're only able to write off $3K in losses but all your gains count.
Markets been stagnant for a few months. We'll see. I'd probably look at Crypto currency, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me...or even a lot of people that invest in it.
  • Devo
  • 01-20-2022, 12:38 PM
Guns and ammunition.
Guns and ammunition. Originally Posted by Devo
Now that’s something I’m willing to invest in, especially the easy stuff to sell/trade if ever TSHTF. My horde is approximately:
100k 22lr
30k 223
50k 9mm Luger
10k 12g 00 buck.
I'm heavily invested in several brothels. Unfortunately I end up eating the profits Originally Posted by chizzy
Good one
  • Devo
  • 01-20-2022, 06:56 PM
Now that’s something I’m willing to invest in, especially the easy stuff to sell/trade if ever TSHTF. My horde is approximately:
100k 22lr
30k 223
50k 9mm Luger
10k 12g 00 buck. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I am serious about my post, you could have easily more than doubled your money by selling out last year.

At this point, most odd calibers are a buck a round or more, I just paid 160 bucks for a 100 rounds of 22 hornet, for my M6 Scout collection, I have three, one in 22 hornet, two on 22LR.

Those guns alone are worth 4 times what I paid for them, same with cases, accessories, etc.
Silver/gold. Really not as an investment, but an insurance policy.
Anyone invested in any EV stocks?
Anyone invested in any EV stocks? Originally Posted by Loretta77
Just Ford and Tesla. I feel ford has the best chance to double first.
Yeah been reading great things about Ford this year. I sold at $20 a share and am regretting it.
Well, for shits & giggles, I use an old video card on my desktop & my laptop to mine crypto. I figure why just let them sit there running doing nothing when I'm not home?

Until I get a new graphics card, I sure aint gonna be a Crypto-Billionaire!

Mining ZEC since November, which I have converted to BTC. So far since last November I've made......... $14.58. WOooooooo!! Will be giving ETH mining a try to see if I get better hashrates, but until I get a better graphics card (preferaby a 3090), I'm not gonna make much.

I actually bought DOGE when it was at 27 cents. LOL! Musk fucked all that up for everyone.

FYI- No one mines Bitcoin. Its too impossible anymore unless you use ASICs. People now mine other Crypto and convert it to Bitcoin.
I’m over 60. 60% stock funds 40% bond funds. Averaging 8% after 1% to advisor.
I'd probably look at Crypto currency, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me... Originally Posted by Charley3
Well, for shits & giggles, I use an old video card on my desktop & my laptop to mine crypto. I figure why just let them sit there running doing nothing when I'm not home?

Until I get a new graphics card, I sure aint gonna be a Crypto-Billionaire!

Mining ZEC since November, which I have converted to BTC. So far since last November I've made......... $14.58. WOooooooo!! Will be giving ETH mining a try to see if I get better hashrates, but until I get a better graphics card (preferaby a 3090), I'm not gonna make much.

I actually bought DOGE when it was at 27 cents. LOL! Musk fucked all that up for everyone.

FYI- No one mines Bitcoin. Its too impossible anymore unless you use ASICs. People now mine other Crypto and convert it to Bitcoin. Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
DrivesAllDay - can you get together with Charley3, explain to him everything you just wrote, and then tutor the rest of us?

Thanks!