Baton Rouge Nightlife & Restaurants?

Hello gents & ladies, my girlfriend and I are in Baton Rouge until Saturday. We would love to hit the town, can you reccomend any good nightlife or restaurants? Thanks!

xoxo Sophie
there is a great bar/restaurant called Times Grill near the mall on Essen Park drive...also there is a cool mall off Bluebonnet.....lots of cool stuff downtown

have fun babe!!
Lets start with reasturants:

Seafood kinda
Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro
6171 Bluebonnet Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70836-6100
(225) 761-1110
http://www.copelandscheesecakebistro.com/

Super Seafood and atmosphere

The Chimes
3357 Highland Road, Baton Rouge - (225) 383-1754
Or 10870 Coursey Boulevard, Baton Rouge - (225) 296-4981

http://www.thechimes.com/

Itailan

Monjunis Italian
711 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge - (225) 231-1595
Or 7343 Highland Road, Baton Rouge - (225) 302-7407
http://www.monjunis.com/

Ruffino’s
18811 Highland Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70809 - 225-753-3458
http://www.ruffinosrestaurant.com/

NiteLife:

Not much up todate, and preferred dives but here goes the normal run of the mill
Upscale:
Ringside at sullivans
Fox and the Hound
Churchhills

The club/market
superior grill
Cadillac Café

Heard this was ok
Boudreaux & Thibodeaux

Also
http://www.225batonrouge.com/ is a list a lot of places
Go to Lamberts on Choctaw and Flannery and get you a couple of extra large white russian diaquris to go.
You won't need to drink anything else for the night.

You could always just come to my house!!!
Next time, you're in town, don't listen to these old dawgs.

Check out Pinetta's for dinner. Then, roam around to Duvic's, Ivar's, and Chelsea's. All in the same area, so they're good for barhopping. There's a mixed range in terms of ages at those places. You're not going to have all college co-ed or all old men, which I find makes the entire experience rather nice.

Check out Pinetta's for dinner. Then, roam around to Duvic's, Ivar's, and Chelsea's. All in the same area, so they're good for barhopping. There's a mixed range in terms of ages at those places. You're not going to have all college co-ed or all old men, which I find makes the entire experience rather nice. Originally Posted by Jacquie

just out of curiosity, what's your definition of "old men".
just out of curiosity, what's your definition of "old men". Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Anyone 15 years older than me lol
Is Pinetta's open now?

Don't forget Gino's for Italian and Mansur's for seafood.

Avoid Ralph and Kackoo's-extremely disappointing. I wanted to go back to the kitchen and take the chef to school.
Red Star Bar: The best Baton Rouge has to offer (IMO). Nice patio. Cool group of people (21-35 crowd). Decent drinks. Sometimes they have good DJs. Mod Dance Party there is monthly,I think and definitely worth checking out.

The Varsity: It's alright. A little better than most other things in BR, but

Spanish Moon: Thursdays are their busiest nights. If you like 80s pop this is the place to be on Thursdays. They also have some relatively big live acts pass through. That's pretty much it.

Fred's: But you have to be in a "special" (read: partially brain dead) mood to have fun. About 10 ridiculously low priced drinks later and you'll soon forget you're surrounded by teenagers. IDK how old you are, but you NEED to have an illegal BAC to tolerate it if you're over the age of 21. Underagers seem to enjoy themselves there though.

Restaurants (I don't know if these places are still open, but they were last time I was there)
Oh... and despite what anyone says, avoid Walk-ons. The food is HORRIBLE!!!! Hello Sushi is Fantastic!! My favorite place to eat when I lived there.

Check out Pinetta's for dinner. Then, roam around to Duvic's, Ivar's, and Chelsea's. All in the same area, so they're good for barhopping. There's a mixed range in terms of ages at those places. You're not going to have all college co-ed or all old men, which I find makes the entire experience rather nice. Originally Posted by Jacquie
Jacquie's right. That area is probably the coolest in town, and those are three good bars. Chelsea's also has some good live music after 10 PM and good food for lunch and dinner. Other good restaurants right around there are Parrain's (Louisiana seafood) and DiGiulio's (Italian). Rock-N-Sake (Sushi) is opening soon.
Haha, I got into Fred's with a Catholic High ID when I was sixteen. Veronica is so right. You have to be prepared for the sea of half-retarded guys if you go to that bar...or anywhere in Tigerland. I swear, talking to those guys makes your IQ fall a few points. I guess their redeeming quality is that they're more likely to buy you something other than PBR.

I'm not really a fan of eighties night. Once again, much cooler when I snuck out in hs when I was sneaking in and out of my window, jumping off the roof, and pulling off into the night with my friends who'd shut off their headlights for half a block. But, I do like The Spanish Moon-- and if you're into indie, punk, metal, or hip hop, you'll find some cool acts.

Red Star has a pretty sweet karaoke night on Wednesday. I don't personally participate, but there are so many hipster hotties there that I go just for that.

Walk-on's does suck! There are so many better places in BR to eat.

I would reason to say that Duvic's is probably your best bet for picking up young girls, if you're an older guy.

Pinetta's has been open again since at least 2002, I think.

They have the Mod Dance Party in Nawlins too a lot at Saturn Bar and One Eyed Jacks... Believe they have a FB group if you're looking for it.
Anyone 15 years older than me lol Originally Posted by docdavid49

Yep.
@Jacquie YES... the hipster hotties make Red Star the best place in BR to me. I love their Rock & Roll karaoke! Followed closely by Rotolo's depending on what bad is playing (lol). Oh... and Rickochet's (if you're feeling kinda "ironic" there's nothing like a crappy pool hall and bad food to scratch that itch lol)

Mod Dance Party is usually at Saturn Bar on St. Claude (in NOLA), but once in a blue moon they'll have an event at OEJ and it's usually for something big. I haven't been to it in B.R., but I know it gets SO CROWDED in NOLA you either have to show up really early or really late just to be able to get a spot on the dance floor. And if you go late, the DJs have been known to get a little weird (last time I was in there, they had about 20 minutes of Li'l Wayne and Bounce and then went back to the 60s tunes like nothing happened lol. I hope it was just to clear some people out, but I know one of the DJs used to do a Bounce night at Circle Bar haha so who knows).
OK forgive me for not keeping up to date on all the latest TLRs, but what's PBR? I'm pretty sure in this context, it's neither "Patrol Boat, Riverine", nor "Professional Bull Riding".
Pabst Blue Ribbon