Dak Prescott and "his money"

I'm tired of turning on ESPN, Foxsports and NFL network and hearing these fuckers talk about Dak Prescott and worrying about him getting paid. These convos go on multiple times a day for 5 minute segments. The talking heads act like they are Dak's agents and they know why Dak should get a 35 million dollar contract as opposed to a 32 MM. 5 years instead of 4. Like they are gonna get a commission.

Then they pundits talk about "his money" like it's Dak's money. It's Jerry's money. Jerry will let go of Jerry's money when Jerry's damn good and ready. Jerry has finally learned about overpaying these guys. It won't be Dak's money until Dak receives it.

I know, a lot of platitudes but you ever see these talking heads especially Michael Irvin bring it up?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Dak fan but he's not Aaron Rodgers. He's not even as good as Russell Wilson. Few are. He'll can get you to a Superbowl but you've got to have a team around him. That can't happen if all the salary cap is spent on Dak. He's not that good.
I'm tired of turning on ESPN, Foxsports and NFL network and hearing these fuckers talk about Dak Prescott and worrying about him getting paid. These convos go on multiple times a day for 5 minute segments. Originally Posted by gnadfly
There's an easy solution to that. Turn off the TV.

Are the Cowboys playing now? I wouldn't know. I haven't watched a football or baseball game this season. I heard the other day that baseball playoffs are happening, but I'm just not interested. I suspect I'm not the only one.
Meh, couple more years of this and these guys are going to be in a real hurtbox... league will have no money because they are losing viewership. There are ~4000 professional athletes in the US... maybe 10% actually got an education and some skills while in school. Most of these millionaires are near illiterate and probably can't balance a checkbook (hence their quick bankruptcies after retiring). The rest would have a hard time landing a bouncer job at the strip club. They should just be glad they live in an era when "persecuted" black men can be paid millions to play games.

it's funny but when I think of egotistical athletes like Lebron and compare them with people like SGT Alwyn Cashe... I know who defines the word Hero. Lebron wouldn't be fit to polish the SGTs dress boots.
I'm sick and tried of hearing about there problems with more money
There's an easy solution to that. Turn off the TV.

Are the Cowboys playing now? I wouldn't know. I haven't watched a football or baseball game this season. I heard the other day that baseball playoffs are happening, but I'm just not interested. I suspect I'm not the only one. Originally Posted by billw1032
This.

Stop attaching importance to anything regarding sports. Grown men making millions to play children's games. this only continues, and nags you, when you voluntarily participate.
Looks like Dak should have taken the guaranteed contract Jerry offered him. Are the people who told him to hold out "for his money" gonna step up? Of course not.
He's most likely done for the season... injury looked like a snapped femur.
Officially a compound fracture of his right ankle, undergoing surgery now.
If you want to watch talking heads, at least watch clips on YT. The title will give you an idea of what's coming. You get to skip the content you don't like. That's what I do. This allows me to stick to the sport itself and breakdowns. I get to skip out on all the BS conjectures.
Forget about the money and politics for the moment,Dak is a good guy!
I just hope he can play again.
  • oeb11
  • 10-12-2020, 06:07 AM
Congratulations to jerry jones - who has been hoping and praying for just such an occurence to Prescott!!
Jerry is too much of a skinflint to pay Prescott - so now he has dalton and mccarthy to lose the rest of the seasons games - end up in last place in the NFL - and draft Trevor lawrence out of clemson First in' teh' draft.
trade off the injured rehabbing Prescott and sink the money into a better NFL talent.

In Jerry's fevered mind!

Jerry acts - but is already planning the draft selection for 2021!!!!
I've been a fan of Dak's since Miss State. A QB who played at NFL speed who could win a Superbowl with the right talent.

But...when somebody comes to you with a boatload of money and you play a risky position, you take it. He listened to the wrong people. Michael Irvin, along with many others, saying "Give Dak HIS money." What are they saying today? Much of that huge contract Dak didn't sign was guaranteed.

Dalton is going to show what he can do with a good offense. Dallas' Defense sucks though. Too many missed tackles. Playing from behind constantly won't win games.
Injury is very bad I hope he can recover , his a good guy really just sad
Injury is very bad I hope he can recover , his a good guy really just sad Originally Posted by rexdutchman

Totally agree. Irregardless of decisions made, he's a good guy and it just sucks for him and all his team mates
He won’t play again until 2022 at the earliest.

Dak’s a good guy. Hate it for him. His agent really screwed him. Hope he had insurance for something like this. Will be interesting to see what the cowboys do with him now.