Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. %1$s

Seems that I get this message on 95% of my telephone number searches here at ECCIE. Am I doing something wrong? I remember having much better luck with the search function on the old ASPD.
LOL!
I have better luck using Google search.

Put the phone number into the search bar and then put site:www.eccie.net

and Google search will bring up only eccie matches for the number.
I was messing with it yesterday. I think you can just leave a space (XXX XXX XXXX) and not worry about dashes or anything.

% is a "wildcard".....like if you can't remember the area code, but know the phone number is (???) XXX-XXX or last 4 numbers are XXXX and feel like taking a longshot, then just put % in front of it. Same for names %Rose or Honey% should give you HoneyRose in the result -- just to use HR as an example .
Yeah, I find ECCIE's search to be difficult, too, so I use Google, as well. Here's an example of using Google for a site-specific search on BellaFtWorth's phone number:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...17-822-4803%22

Google has the added utility of turning up other hits on the phone numbers if you don't make it site-specific.
LOL!
I have better luck using Google search.

Put the phone number into the search bar and then put site:www.eccie.net

and Google search will bring up only eccie matches for the number. Originally Posted by HoneyRose
When a gent gives a ladies number for a reference, I always Google it. I don't like contacting ladies over the phone and this way I can See if she is a verifiable lady.
Thank you all for your help. Great information.

Yes, I'm a Luddite in real life too.