Writing a memoir ... or some sort of sex worker book/guide?

I'm an avid reader and I've always enjoyed reading about other sex workers from current times and also, past (ancient) histories.

Has anyone thought of writing a book about their experiences?

I'd love to share some of my most favorite memoirs, plus a few books on the subject.

It's been said that everyone has at least one good novel in them to write. And I've been dragging my feet for YEARS with the intention of writing one myself.

Just looking for a few kindred spirits, I guess.

That's all!
Elisabeth
My ten year anniversary of entering the demimonde is approaching and I thought about doing a memoir or some other kind of retrospective, but I have been stymied by thought that I didn't want to sound like that verse from Dino's "The Wanderer" where he lists the girls ("Flo to my left, Mary to my right and Janie tonight") where I serialized my encounters. I also realized that I haven't had an epiphany about the P4P world and most of my thoughts are common and hackneyed so what would I be offering that was of value?

In other words, instead of having a novel I probably have a poorly written comic book in me, and it wouldn't be one about a super hero.
  • HUMP!
  • 07-15-2016, 12:58 PM
A series of essays based on interviews of various ladies?
In my opinion, more stories based on the lived experiences from sex workers themselves are needed. Prose and Lore: Memoir Stories About Sex Work by the Red Umbrella Project is a great read and might serve as inspiration. Best of luck with your plans Elisabeth.

"Hooking for Dummies" would be a valuable addition to many a lady's library.
RENT GIRL by Michelle Tea

reviewed at :
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46640.Rent_Girl
Add this to your coffee table list.
Attached Images File Type: jpg fucking_for_dummies.jpg (32.3 KB, 100 views)
I could not make any of my adventures up , I'm pretty boring actually. So many memories and more stuff still to experience. It is a great hobby.