direct response to a review that was wrong?

I almost didn't see Latin Sophia because of a review from last summer(http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...t=latin+sophia). The review completely destroys Sophia as a date because she was so unfair to this hobbiest. I read all of her reviews and from that decided to go see her last night.. I was treated to one of the best encounters I have had in the hobby...
I believe in doing what is right so at the end of my time with Sophia I asked her about this review and got her side of the story. This review of her from MMM made her stop seeing people from eccie and members who don't mind the price point and were scared off by this review missed out on exactly what they are here to do.
I don't know if it is my place to say something in my review about the old bad review. Should I just post something at the end of the old one to say that it was just a fluke and the hobbiest was too assertive at the onset according to Sophia.Or do I just let it go which is not in my nature.
The reason I posted here first is I am going to review her and don't want to do something against the rules.. Thanks,Robb
If its important to you, I'd probably reference and address the old review in the ROS of your new one.
What is the word I am looking for??? To think just because someone had a different time than you does not mean shit. The fact you would even discuss past reviews with her shows a lacking on your creds with me.
I didn't think about that Big.
As we were talking and cuddling after I was just relating to her how perplexed I was as to weather or not to pull the trigger and how that one review almost made me miss out on a fantastic experience. I don't remember ever talking about reviews with providers because I have never gone to see one after such a review.. I am pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who let that review influence my decision process.. and I didn't know I had any "cred" to begin with..

did you eve think of that word?
One thing that can be learned from the situation is not to give too much weight to one single review as the review process is subjective. The provider may have had a bad day or the hobbyist may have. The things I like or dislike about something may evoke the opposite reaction for others.

The mentioning of negative reviews to a provider however is quite another thing. My experiences with women inform me that it doesn't matter if you provide specifics (Who wrote it? When did it happen? What details were found wanting?) or not. The provider's curiosity may be triggered to cause her to take measures to discover those details for herself. Any prolonged reading of the Coed Discussions or Men's Lounge forums should illustrate just how fixated some providers can become with a negative review. Let us remember that in the future to promote and preserve some measure of harmony on this board.
I don't let one bad review dissuade me. I look more for a pattern of bad reviews or parts of reviews that I know would be a turn off. Oddly enough, two guys can have the exact same experience but end up with different levels of satisfaction.
  • GQ
  • 03-31-2013, 04:20 PM
It's against Eccie Rules to share the ROS with providers.
Kudos to you for telling us.

People's personality and preferences are alway different. 1 bad review shouldn't be a deal breaker.
  • Kloie
  • 04-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't let one bad review dissuade me. I look more for a pattern of bad reviews or parts of reviews that I know would be a turn off. Oddly enough, two guys can have the exact same experience but end up with different levels of satisfaction. Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey
Good point. I have one bad review and I had the worst time with him I offered his money back and everything. because I was having an awful time. He asked me something and I told the truth bad move got a bad review. So that leads me to how do you end a session that yOu don't want to be in? How do you end it politely without hurting any ones feelings?
Good point. I have one bad review and I had the worst time with him I offered his money back and everything. because I was having an awful time. He asked me something and I told the truth bad move got a bad review. So that leads me to how do you end a session that yOu don't want to be in? How do you end it politely without hurting any ones feelings? Originally Posted by Kloie
Guys have had this same problem over the years. A few minutes into things and we already know it is going to be a bad date... we know we're not going to get out money back so we do our best to make the most of it. I met up with a very well reviewed provider once and was disappointed my experience was nothing at all like all the glowing responses she had had previously. In those situations you simply suck it up and go on about your business in the hopes that you can at least take some enjoyment from it.

A provider asked me about how to no longer see a hobbyist again. She normally enjoys all her dates however this guy, she'd rather not see again. Although honesty is a good way to go in many situations, being diplomatic enough to say you're not as compatible as you'd like and encouraging them to not see you to ensure they continue to have positive experiences in the hobby is not a bad way to go.