Whats going on

I'm visiting the Austin area and typically when I've been here in the last 5 years I've only been here a night or so. This trip I've been here about 5 days. Which has given me time to be out and about during the day the evenings on multiple days in different locations. My question is, WTH is going on with the homeless population!? It's so bad it's almost not worth coming here because you can't get out of your car anywhere without someone immediately approaching you. In fact you don't even have to get out of your car. They just come right up and bang on your window. I am often out late in the evening need to stop for gas, something to eat or even just out running errands. It really makes me feel extremely unsafe. On top of feeling unsafe, it can certainly flip you from being in a good mood too irritated. Even if you're being polite, you're not being rude you just say no. Most likely because I've given the last 10 people a dollar. Exactly how many people are you supposed to give to every single one of them? I mean come on when is enough enough? Sadly, it's enough to not want to visit anymore.

Before anyone thinks I'm a horrible nasty person selfish and judgemental unconcerned with others living situations or lifestyle I'm not. In fact I'm a very giving person and do quite a bit trying to help the homeless. I don't know just thought I would ask and maybe get a better answer from the people who live here. This i certainly is not the Austin I remember. Thanks for any insight you can give me on situation
Samantha, it's a problem with the liberals in town, don't get me wrong, I consider myself one as well, but this cluster fuck is out of control since they changed the law to allow camping just about anywhere.. San Francisco and LA homeless are getting jealous of the freedom our "city campers" have. it's not the Austin a lot of us remember, but then, it's no longer Austin of yesteryear. Now it's all people moving here for the high tech industry, so the locals left or got priced out, and the camping beside all the roads and stores took over.
LMAO Nuglet. What-- you don't like the way liberal cities are run? You talk shit about Trump and the Republican Party and you don't like what Austin has become? You think Austin is a cluster fuck out of control? You ain't seen nothing yet if Biden gets elected. Check out Portland.
These cities are run by Dems. This is just a preview of what's to come if Biden is elected.

Yes Samatha, Austin is a shithole country now known as The Peoples Republik of Austin. Stay safe!

Samantha, it's a problem with the liberals in town, don't get me wrong, I consider myself one as well, but this cluster fuck is out of control since they changed the law to allow camping just about anywhere.. San Francisco and LA homeless are getting jealous of the freedom our "city campers" have. it's not the Austin a lot of us remember, but then, it's no longer Austin of yesteryear. Now it's all people moving here for the high tech industry, so the locals left or got priced out, and the camping beside all the roads and stores took over. Originally Posted by nuglet
LMAO Nuglet. What-- you don't like the way liberal cities are run? You talk shit about Trump and the Republican Party and you don't like what Austin has become? You think Austin is a cluster fuck out of control? You ain't seen nothing yet if Biden gets elected. Check out Portland.
These cities are run by Dems. This is just a preview of what's to come if Biden is elected. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Ellen ; I've been intentionally ignoring you for good reason. I think I'll just keep it that way. You retire a few years past your expiration date, but at least you finally realize you can't even give it away, much less sell it. Your poor decision making powers have shown their presence for several years, the body is dead, but the mouth just keeps running.. Good luck with that.
Poor Nuggie, you can't make a cognitive argument so you resort to personal attacks. Well,ok. I've seen you before and what are you like 95 years old. I couldn't tell due to all the wrinkles you have. I totally understand why you have to buy pussy with that ugly mug of yours. I've seen your SO too - Jesus Christ -- I guess I'd be buying pussy too if I would have to live with something like that. Good luck to you too - you are gonna need it.

Ellen ; I've been intentionally ignoring you for good reason. I think I'll just keep it that way. You retire a few years past your expiration date, but at least you finally realize you can't even give it away, much less sell it. Your poor decision making powers have shown their presence for several years, the body is dead, but the mouth just keeps running.. Good luck with that. Originally Posted by nuglet
Poor Nuggie, you can't make a cognitive argument so you resort to personal attacks. Well,ok. I've seen you before and what are you like 95 years old. I couldn't tell due to all the wrinkles you have. I totally understand why you have to buy pussy with that ugly mug of yours. I've seen your SO too - Jesus Christ -- I guess I'd be buying pussy too if I would have to live with something like that. Good luck to you too - you are gonna need it. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
lol Dead fish whining.. jealous much?
I just got back from southern CA. Talk about the homeless, lol. You aint seen nothin
it won't be long before the city allows them to camp in our yards.
Your whole city council is liberal, if you want something to change you have the power to change it
Your whole city council is liberal, if you want something to change you have the power to change it Originally Posted by jabe18

Thass' right. Your complaints ain't shit unless you vote. I plan to try to get my current council woman defeated, if she runs again.