ECCIE Social?

We (a bunch of hobbiest's) used to do it all the time in Phoenix (4-6 times a year). We'd rent a villa (private "house" with pool & security fence) at one of the resorts for 3 day/2 nights and stock it up. Guys all had to be known/screened (our membership was roughly 120 guys or so) and gals were invited based on member recommendations. Entire bill was footed by guys (normally a $40 or so door fee {based on 40-50}). ended up with a Thursday afternoon to Sat morning running party.

It's about 50/50 I try to put one together this summer but about 100% for next summer (just don't know enough folks here yet). Originally Posted by TxToast
Great input on past experience. Here's the thing though and I'd like to hear others opinion on this. What I had in mind for this Social was more of a social "get together" rather than a party geared toward sex and hooking up. My thought was, in an effort to put some of the old and new animosities to rest, for people from this board to simply gather, maybe in a public place/bar/restaurant and actually get to talk and socialize face to face. To meet over a drink, shake hands and get to know a little about each others off board personality.
I appreciate your past experience and I see nothing wrong with planning an event like you had in mind for the future. As you mentioned though, it would automatically rule out some board members based on popularity etc. That's exactly what I don't want for this Social. I'd like to see as many different people from the board get together. If it's not sexually orientated then it also lays to rest some fears about "security", since there is no law against people meeting in a bar/restaurant and having some drinks and getting to know each other. Inclusiveness is the name of the game I had in mind, making everyone feel welcome and meeting people you may otherwise never meet in person.
DTorchia;
the problem, the way I see it, is that most of the folks here aren't looking for "new friends", they just are looking to make $, or "give $ (get laid). I'm not looking for a new relationship, and sitting around to " shake hands and get to know a little about each others off board personality." The "personalities" of some folks is already known to anyone that reads these missives.
I have friends in everyday life. Not interested in adding new drama, which most certainly would be one of the results of such a "social". I like the idea of getting together for a party, and have hosted some at my place, but as for "getting to know" each other, nah. Bad idea for several reasons. If it's JUST a party, great, but if there's expectations of gaining new friends. Pass! I like your idea, I just think there's too many "sick fucks" around here to just open the door and say 'come on in'.
DTorchia;
the problem, the way I see it, is that most of the folks here aren't looking for "new friends", they just are looking to make $, or "give $ (get laid). I'm not looking for a new relationship, and sitting around to " shake hands and get to know a little about each others off board personality." The "personalities" of some folks is already known to anyone that reads these missives.
I have friends in everyday life. Not interested in adding new drama, which most certainly would be one of the results of such a "social". I like the idea of getting together for a party, and have hosted some at my place, but as for "getting to know" each other, nah. Bad idea for several reasons. If it's JUST a party, great, but if there's expectations of gaining new friends. Pass! I like your idea, I just think there's too many "sick fucks" around here to just open the door and say 'come on in'. Originally Posted by nuglet
I understand your concerns Nuglet. The way I see it, a party in a public place has potential benefits for everyone. There's some providers here who may have gotten a bad "vibe" about a hobbyist simply based on some of his posts and vice versa. Some hobbyists may not want to see a certain provider because of her perceived "attitude". If these people actually meet in person in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere among other people, they may just find that they were wrong in how they perceived the other. This may open the door for the hobbyist to try this provider out in the future, something he may not have considered prior to meeting her and the same goes for the provider who may now have added a new future client.
If you go out to a bar to have a drink, does there necessarily have to be drama? I'd like to think that a large group of people could meet at the Oasis (just an example of a place), have some drinks on one of the upstairs patios and meet people from this board that they never had the opportunity to meet before. If the conversation with someone doesn't "click", there's plenty of others there to talk to. No need for drama. I'm not trying to force people into friendships, only to consider having an open mind at a non-pressure function for some fun conversation and drinks.
Gotta agree with nugglet....
most of us have are ATF providers already...
i've never understood the reason for a social...but good luck to you and anyone else who wants to join...
Thanks for the input Snoopdogg. Like I mentioned, it's not necessarily just about the provider/hobbyist dynamic. It's also a chance for some of the guys to just throw back a few drinks and maybe move past some of the issues that have come up on the board. Same goes for the ladies. Besides, isn't there always room to add another ATF that you may have missed?

I have to hit the bed. Got an early day tomorrow. I like the constructive input so far and if nothing else, we've made it this far without any name calling (cr*p! I probably just jinxed this entire thread!!)
Keep the ideas and input coming, I'll check back in come morning time my time. Enjoy your hump day folks!!!!
DT, no matter what anyone says you come back with a rejoinder about how great an idea it is and we all have the wrong idea about a social. Just go ahead and do it then and see how it comes out. Our opinions don't matter.
Casablanca!

That's exactly what I'm talking about Sixx. I had heard similar complaints about previous socials and that's one thing I would like to avoid at a possible future one. EVERYBODY would be welcome. Your being willing to grab a drink and shoot the breeze with anyone is exactly the type of attitude I hoped all would approach this Social idea with. If more people approach it with that attitude, who knows, some may just find themselves saying: "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." (Points to those who know where this line is from) Originally Posted by DTorchia
Entire bill was footed by guys (normally a $40 or so door fee {based on 40-50}). ended up with a Thursday afternoon to Sat morning running party. Originally Posted by TxToast
This has caused many of these to go south in the past.....

guys having to foot the bill for the opportunity to meet hookers that make far more per hour than they normally do.....

Good Luck with that.....

Right away you get away from people being equals to catering to the very businesses that take your money.....

Some of the best parties I attended in Houston and South Florida were thrown and funded by Agencies that wanted our business......
DT, no matter what anyone says you come back with a rejoinder about how great an idea it is and we all have the wrong idea about a social. Just go ahead and do it then and see how it comes out. Our opinions don't matter. Originally Posted by Pflugerbill
PB, your opinion absolutely matters! There have been different concerns and opinions expressed and I respect them all. Sorry if you feel I'm not listening or considering the opinions expressed here. I assure you I am.
Casablanca! Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
You WIN Rox!!!!!! Good job!
Ok, I'm off....
DT,

What I'm describing was an actual ongoing event (8 yrs I'm aware of). I never once mentioned sex or "hooking up" (although that certainly did occur). Understand this social was a hobbiest driven event. I had helped a bunch of guys with logistics for trips to Rio, to a point where Don (one of the top Rio guides) actually came to a social that J*** (at that time owner of Mystique in PHX) put on (he was the primary mover and shaker behind the PHX get together's before he decided to start his own agency.

The simple reality is most of us don't want to share either our identity or experiences with just anyone. As an example (no offense intended) I would never consider inviting you to a social since you have no reviews and are not a paid member. Obviously that could change over time. On the other hand even though he more often then not rubs me the wrong way yssup rider is exactly the type of guy I'd be open to.

Out of the PHX group I wouldn't have pissed on a dozen if they were on fire (and more then a few felt the same way about me). All we had in common was we were active (we all hobbied every month) and we were visible in some way (reviews etc)...thats it.
Gotta agree with nugglet....
most of us have are ATF providers already...
i've never understood the reason for a social...but good luck to you and anyone else who wants to join... Originally Posted by snoopdogg
People that push the ideas of socials and many of the attendees have often turned out to be people that seldom spend money and are just looking for a way to hang out with hookers.... often, like another mentioned, there a a few trying to turn it into a live sex show or some sort of hookup party and that's when you get LE to raise an eyebrow....

Ladies come, find they get little to no business as a result and don't come in the future.....

ANY AND EVERY Social I've ended up attending often ends up with some of the ladies getting their feelings hurt...... You get a hot young agency girls there and they get surrounded by hard legs and others get left to themselves and a couple they already know.....

Cattiness gets displayed then in WHO IS SHE? HOW DO WE KNOW SHE IS LEGIT? I'M NOT COMING AND SUGGESTING TO ALL MY CLIENTS THAT THEY STAY AWAY BECAUSE THERE IS A SECURITY ISSUE HERE!

I'm not trying to be negative... just throwing out all the issues you need to be concerned about......

The idea that you can do anything on a large scale is one I would bet against.....

Get a group of guys and ladies that are comfortable and start getting together. Be open and inviting and it will eventually grow.
  • Booth
  • 04-06-2011, 12:03 PM
You should also be very discreet about identifying the party venue in public. You probably don't want just anyone who happens to read the thread to show up.
DTorchia;
the problem, the way I see it, is that most of the folks here aren't looking for "new friends", they just are looking to make $, or "give $ (get laid).

Amen

I'm not looking for a new relationship, and sitting around to " shake hands and get to know a little about each others off board personality." The "personalities" of some folks is already known to anyone that reads these missives.

I disagree as does most others that actually have met and knowme and others...

I have friends in everyday life. Not interested in adding new drama, which most certainly would be one of the results of such a "social". I like the idea of getting together for a party, and have hosted some at my place, but as for "getting to know" each other, nah. Bad idea for several reasons. If it's JUST a party, great, but if there's expectations of gaining new friends. Pass! I like your idea, I just think there's too many "sick fucks" around here to just open the door and say 'come on in'. Originally Posted by nuglet
I don't agree with everything Nuglet says but your gonna hear that and more once you get more then about a 5-6 ladies involved.......
Can any known and reliable members vouch for him being legitimate? Are there any local Providers that know him and have done sessions with him willing to step up and vouch for him?

Here you have a guy without Premium Access that contributes no reviews or current relevant information to the board that wants to get everyone together for a party.

He could very well be a legitimate member of the community. He probably is.

But some people are already asking who the heck is this guy and what's his interest here.

So here is the question in public.

People go to CKs parties knowing who he is and what he is about..... He has been a member of the community for a lot of years......

The same with the GC Events I put together.

We are a known entity in the community.

I think it's fair to know the driving force behind a new movement....