Anyone planning on purchasing the Ipad?

Just curious if anyone will be picking up the Ipad and what are your views on this new product?
Just curious if anyone will be picking up the Ipad? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
if they're free... i'll take one, i could use a new high-tech paperweight.

JPdM
  • PSD
  • 04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I bought an iPhone last summer and regret it with the various problems I've had. I'm done with Apple...
I love new gadgets, however this one has too many negatives for me to bite right now. Lots to purchase aftermarket just to enjoy many of the features. No multi-tasking...no usb port....no removable battery....but if you like to read books without messy paper.....go for it!
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...stroys-an-ipad

...immediately cuts to Daniel Tosh "We didn't even turn in on! It may not be able to run simultaneous applications but it sure helped with my slice."
Ordered one for $650 off of ioffer.com & THOUGHT it had 3G.....well in the process of getting my money refunded to my account from the scammer & plan on re-ordering one from apple.com this time......no more shortcuts!
I have not bought one yet, but I will. I have an iphone and dont know how I lived without it. It will do over 95% of what I do online without the hassle of my laptop, or desktop.
I was very skeptical of the iPhone initially. I only bought one after about a year and having seen others use it. Now that I have one, I rather like it. But frankly, I don't see what the iPad is really for other than as a fancy reader like the Kindle. I can't imagine editing docs ore really doing any real typing on it. If it had a keyboard, maybe, but it's difficult for me to imagine, especially after using the iPhone, that you can really type 50 - 70 wpm using a flat screen. If you could, it would be nice to use to replace a lap top on over night trips if it's light enough, but if I can't type on document, etc., it's useless.
  • S-Man
  • 04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
From what I read, the USB port is available with the $30 Camera Connection Kit add-on.
Nope, not buying it. And I don't have an iPhone either.

I think the iPad is the next step in an all inclusive digital device that holds everything. The one big thing that it is missing (and would have made it a winner) is cell phone capability. Maybe gen 2 or 3 will have that?
Yup, I've got a 3G version on pre-order. My iPhone is the single most important gadget I own and I'm excited to see how the iPad will complement my lifestyle. It has its short-comings (no USB ports, only runs one app at a time, doesn't support flash, small HD size and built-in battery), but I think its the future of computing. Smaller, mobile, more accessible, touch-screens, small (in terms of software size) easy-to-install applications, more reliability on wireless technology (wi-fi, 3G, bluetooth)...

I understand many people's hesitancy with this product. They're not sure where it fits into their life. Is it a cell phone? Is it a laptop? Is it a netbook? The answer to all of those questions is: Yes. And no. Speaking as someone who is on the road 11 months out of the year, when I hear the words "smaller, lighter, more compact", it piques my interest.

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100331/apple-ipad-review/
I'm wait and see on it. Curious for sure. I am wondering what will happen with the price and if a camera will be added. I may just hold out for the next iphone.
but if you like to read books without messy paper.....go for it! Originally Posted by repairman
if you want that you can get a Kindle for half the price.
I might buy it after it's been out a while and the price goes down. This will also allow me some time to see how it's working out for everyone else.

This thread made me think of something I saw on The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-news-network,14309/

I bought an iPhone last summer and regret it with the various problems I've had. I'm done with Apple... Originally Posted by PSD
I LOVE MY iPHONE!!!!
BUT, I hate AT&T. I have Verizon for my hobby phone, they don't drop calls like AT&T, but my Blackberry Storm SUCKS! Worst phone EVER! I was told Verizon would be getting the iPhone in September, and I'll be first in line for one, after which I will take great delight in smashing my Balackberry into a million pieces in the parking lot!! H