Ever travel with only briefcase or purse?

• S-Man
  • 04-06-2010, 09:38 PM
In addition to charging a fee for checking baggage, Spirit Airlines will soon charge fees for use of the overhead bin. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36193399/ns/travel-news/

In order to pay nothing beyond the actual fare and taxes, in addition to not bringing any large suitcases which must be checked, your carryon luggage has to fit in the seat in front of you.

Has anyone ever traveled like this for something beyond an overnight trip?
  • st929
  • 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Backpack is the new travelrs friend. I can go two to three days outta a backpack and they are becomming more and more popular in the business world. It works just pack lite and shrink things.

Now that I think about it, I did an overseas trip out of a backpack but left the laptop behind.
If your going to charge me for a carry-on.. you better be charging for ladies to bring on there purse..You see the size of some of those things... I could go to Europe for a month with the shit I could get into some of those....
DFWRaven: LOL, who says you can't carry a purse?

All London airports/airlines allow only one carry on which includes a purse! It sucks if you are transferring flights and came from a place that allows two. You have to check your extra bag and hope it gets to your destination on time.
You kidding? I've made a business trip to New York City with a paper bag. Wore the suit. Clean shirt, frsh shirt and boxers in the bag. Stay at a good hotel, get a toothbrush and toothbrush at the front desk. Shower and slip into the robe. Call room service and hand them your suit and shoes for the next morning.
Has anyone ever traveled like this for something beyond an overnight trip? Originally Posted by S-Man
Yes, on dare, (or was it by command) of a SO at the time. NYC 4 nights, and pretty much just an overnight bag. As I read the spirit thing, if it fits under the seat, its no extra charge. No hotel plan either, other than the first night.

I felt a little dirty by the end, and it was a little cold outside, but wore my jacket and an overcoat onto the plane too. I suppose you really can't beat this if you don't want to be tied down in plans, and just roam. Almost impossible to do with a couple of big bags.

Also, some of you guys might be surprised how heavy a girl touting how light she travels can make a single overnight bag...