Tiger's Performance (@ The Masters)

Any thoughts on Tiger's Masters return?

I have alot of opinons but would like to hear from ya all.
Taking 6 months off from competitive golf and shooting 8 under through 3 rounds is impressive. Having seen the course, I am thinking my 9 handicap would not be enough.

I would love to see him shoot 65 today. I think phil or westwood or both will be over par. If either go under they will be tough to catch.

I find it humorous how the announcers were kissing his ass at every opportunity before. Now they are analyzing his choice of four letter words. If he wins, just watch the sponsors start lining up again.
  • st929
  • 04-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I think Tiger said it best himself when he stated "Tiger Woods You Suck"
Good one ST;;;;;;;I am kinda hoping for a Tiger train wreck;;; but not gonna happen
Personally, the guy is the best golfer. He doesn't have all this stuff in his life and he's probably looking at another green jacket.
I am amazed at the 16 year old that played. Didnt win but man only 16 and all that talent.
I was glad to see him back, and am not one to pile on him for all his problems. If he works out his stuff, great. if he doesn't, it's no difference to me.

But his post tournament interview was pure arrogance. It might have turned me off him for good. I can appreciate that he was being honest--"If I enter a tournament, I want to win"-- but there are broader issues also involved in a 72 hole tournament. It doesn't take much to be gracious, but he's lacking that gene. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I like human beings, people with compassion and an ability to remove themselves from the center of the universe. I don't think Tiger has that part in his DNA.
I think Tiger said it best himself when he stated "Tiger Woods You Suck" Originally Posted by st929

Actually he stated loudly "Tiger Woods you suck God dammit".

Not sure if a Tiger can change his stripes but he did play well considering he hadn't played in 5 months. He has the mental strength to continuing playing well regardless of what happens to him.
Thought the performance after the layoff was unreal.

Also thought the whole Phil/ Amy scene at the 18th hole was a very stark contrast to Tiger's current world.

As to the "new Tiger" what did we get through, maybe 9 holes in Thursday before the first club bang and curse. So much for the new Tiger, although he did seem a bit more talkative with Choi. Somewhere on a back 9 green, he started walking and tossed his shadow across Choi putting out. If someone did that to him, you would not hear the end of it.
Judge: You kinda got the Slamming Sammy look going...with the retro hat and all....

I think he is still lying to us about nobody in his inner circle knowning about 5 years of serial cheating.....

And Tiger always maintained that he played with v-grooves; now we find out that only his long irons were v-grooved and his short irons were grooved like everbody else ( now illegal).
As long as he can "put it in the hole" most of the time, who cares? hehehe..couldn't resist.
Reese, doesn't seem like he had too many problems holing out, and not a bad putter either. No doubt uses a stiff shaft on his putter.

Lounger, if I could find a replica hat of my handle and hero, I would wear it on the links
Reese, doesn't seem like he had too many problems holing out, and not a bad putter either. No doubt uses a stiff shaft on his putter.

Lounger, if I could find a replica hat of my handle and hero, I would wear it on the links Originally Posted by Judge Smails
Try eBay:

Christys' Crown "Dry Duck" Caddyshack Pink/Plaid Snap Brim Fedora Cotton Summer Surf Hat
not surprised Tiger finished top 5. its not like he forgot how to play and practiced probably harder than ever. but i think he wanted to win so bad to prove the critics wrong he lost his mental edge a bit. tried to force it a bit. i've never seen him miss a short putt due to lack of focus as he did today. but glad Phil won. he deserved it.
Woods is the best player in the game today, and he's like every other really great player in his mental toughness. I think that an on TV quoted Bobby Jones as saying the grteatest distance in golf is the five inches between your ears. But, he's always been a lot better as a frontrunner than in come-from-behind mode. In fact, I don't think that he's ever won a major that he wasn't leading or tied for the lead going into the last day.