off-board activities

Mods,
After seeing the "who else rides" thread in co-ed I was wanting to get some folks together to ride. What are the rules about posting something to this effect? I want to post something in co-ed or the sandbox about getting together and maybe going to Lockhart to a BBQ lunch or something along those lines.
Brad,

Thanks for the question. A post in the Sandbox is, IMO, perfectly acceptable. The only requirement is that somewhere in the post, you make it clear that "this is NOT an ECCIE sponsored event".

Thank you.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
I'll suggest that you not publish the location, etc. on the board, but handle it with PM's, etc. There are a lot of nasty characters out there who might want to cause problems for board members.

And realize that any gathering of hobbyists has some risks.
I'll suggest that you not publish the location, etc. on the board, but handle it with PM's, etc. There are a lot of nasty characters out there who might want to cause problems for board members.

And realize that any gathering of hobbyists has some risks. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
True and I agree. Those interested will be directed to e-mail me and the actual date and location will be given via e-mail. No need in uninvited guest showing up.

Thanks Sarge and appreciate the tip GG