Nutcases, asshats and influence peddlers...

• shlub
  • 06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Perhaps I am just being cynical but it sure seems like Hobbyists that are nutcases, asshats and influence peddlers have a negative impact on the ecosystem of our subculture...

I've encountered situations where:

- nutcases stalk, obsess over and otherwise creep out providers to the point that a woman may change handles, go under the radar or even choose another profession.

-asshats are so disrespectful or entitled when they are communicating or visiting with a provider that the woman approaches new clients with increased trepidation and/or stops providing an IOP.

-influence peddlers do everyone a great disservice by trying to pressure new providers into free or deeply discounted sessions in exchange for the promise of an exaggerated review/endorsement and/or the threat of a bad review. This detracts from the perceived validity of reviews and seems to me to be very similar to the type of manipulation that a pimp would use.

-Shlub
Well said shlub!
unfortunately you are not being cynical
unfortunately you are not being cynical Originally Posted by monkmonk
Exactly. The truth isn't being cynical.
Nothing new. They have always existed and will remain long after this site disappears.

Just need to realize they are the exception not the rule.
Very well said. Unfortunately they won't go away...
Perhaps I am just being cynical but it sure seems like Hobbyists that are nutcases, asshats and influence peddlers have a negative impact on the ecosystem of our subculture...

I've encountered situations where:

... Originally Posted by shlub
as Hercules said, these kinds of people have been around for a long time and will be around for a long time.

so, in addition to pointing out their behavior, depending on how energetic you are, either...
1. ignore them
2. tell them to straighten up and fly right
3. intervene when their actions become a safety or discretionary concern.
4. stalk them and give them their own medicine
5. act/post in a way to counteract their bullshit

just dont buy into, accept, or condone their behavior.

see my siglines below!!
Not sure if you can solve stalking by stalking... In fact that just makes it more wierd.

Otherwise, excellent post.
im guessing stalkers dont have adhd. i would probably be able to sit outside of someones place for around five minutes before i got bored and left.
You forgot to add the guys who like to come on here and tell the ladies how competition is steep and money is tight. Some guys think they know so much being a provider because they are friends with a provider or two. Well, I have a lot of lawyer friends but I don't know shit about being a lawyer.

I like to call those kind of guys, fear mongers.
I have other hobbies and am on those boards too. The Internet is full of these types.

Ignore is my friend.
I have other hobbies and am on those boards too. The Internet is full of these types.

Ignore is my friend. Originally Posted by mtabsw
yes they are the reason God created the IGGY button
This board has rules about what you can post in the welcome and introduction topic, but the assholes that post and drive the new girls nuts with their requests and offers to make them a lot of business if they just do them for less than advertised and their reviews are so well respected on here. So much bull shit these new and existing ladies have to go through is unbelievable. I agree with everything said in this thread.
Well, it's better that they act like nutcases and asshats in writing rather than waiting until they get you alone and naked and doing it.

Isn't it?
You forgot to add the guys who like to come on here and tell the ladies how competition is steep and money is tight. Some guys think they know so much being a provider because they are friends with a provider or two. Well, I have a lot of lawyer friends but I don't know shit about being a lawyer.

I like to call those kind of guys, fear mongers. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
You mean a peripheral, secondary grasp of provider business doesn't mean I'm omniscient about how everyone should run their lives? Well I'm screwed then.