How much has hobbying ruined your dating life?

I know to most it sounds like a stupid question... but it seems to me that the more I do this the more it takes the life and energy away that I have to approach women.

Anyone out there willing to admit it?
It was tough in the beginning for me. But I believe in balance...don't do too much of anything. Keep everything in fair and manageable amount. You do not want to become jaded being in the hobby too much. I balance the hobby and my personal life. The hobby is to support my personal life and goals. Now I am dating someone that finally understands why I am in this. It was VERY VERY tough between us when he accidentally found out almost a year ago. But heyy....you cannot choose whom you'll fall in love with. :-) I am very happy now.
It has changed my perspectives at least. I used to see a hot chick dressed real sexy and think " I would love to fuck her brains out". Now I see a hot chick dressed real sexy and think " I would love to fuck her brains out. I wonder how much she charges?"

Back to your comment. Consider this. A provider is a sure thing. You will get laid. You will get things most civie girls may not do. Other than dealing with flaky women, you really dont have to work very hard to nail a provider. A civie is not a sure thing. They can be a lot of work to find, track, and capture. And then you may end up with all the baggage they can carry. I tend to get spoiled because my schedule and travel leave vey little time to establish a civie relationshiip. Finding providers and strippers is so easy. I have to really think about how to come on to a civie without getting slapped or arrested.

Taking the path of least resistance can be a hard habit to break. Consider what a civie relationship can offer the hobby does not and how bad you want those things. Prehaps that will motivate you to spend time and energy on civies again
Samantha, your stalking me agian. I love being under you. Do it some more!!!
For an old married guy (26 years), it doesn't affect my dating life at all! Ha! In fact, it has had several positive effects in my life. I am less often pissed at my wife's total lack of sex drive. If she is fine with once a week, or less, I am fine with seeing providers for my other two or three times. I also feel more confident in the company of beautiful women of any age, because I have met and fucked some of the most beautiful women in Dallas. I am happy that I am not in the dating scene. For me, I have the best of both worlds, a loving wife and a Hobby I love!
I am much more relaxed nowadays with the civvies.
For an old married guy (26 years), it doesn't affect my dating life at all! Ha! In fact, it has had several positive effects in my life. I am less often pissed at my wife's total lack of sex drive. If she is fine with once a week, or less, I am fine with seeing providers for my other two or three times. I also feel more confident in the company of beautiful women of any age, because I have met and fucked some of the most beautiful women in Dallas. I am happy that I am not in the dating scene. For me, I have the best of both worlds, a loving wife and a Hobby I love! Originally Posted by Raddabbler
I agree. It is nice to have an edge on the pretty girls, they can tell I'm not trying too hard to undress them with my eyes, and they are intrigued by my reserve. If they are boring, I don't have to pretend otherwise because beautiful girls are available somewhere else.
I think the main reason some women oppose prostitution is not on moral grounds but on the imbalance it creates in the power struggle between man and woman.
For an old married guy (26 years), it doesn't affect my dating life at all! Ha! In fact, it has had several positive effects in my life. I am less often pissed at my wife's total lack of sex drive. If she is fine with once a week, or less, ?! Originally Posted by Raddabbler
Once a week or less, ha. Me and my SO have not had sex in 3 years, that's the reason I am here. And no , it does not affect my dating since I have no dating to be affected. But thanks for reminding me.
For me I used to travel a lot, and being on the road you don't often have the time to commit to a relationship. I have been married for 40 years, have a very loving wife, and my first experiance was in Austin, since then it's been a great hobby to be in. I have never been close to getting caught, but soon I will give this hobby up, and only read some of your comments.
It has changed my perspectives at least. I used to see a hot chick dressed real sexy and think " I would love to fuck her brains out". Now I see a hot chick dressed real sexy and think " I would love to fuck her brains out. I wonder how much she charges?"
n Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing

ROTFLMAO!!!! YUP. I do the same exact thing.
Being single and a realist, it has yet to give me a perspective on men that I didn't have before becoming a companion. I can be more flexible in my expectations of men I date (beyond truly being on the same path) because of being a companion. Now to find the guy who makes me not want to be one...

A provider is a sure thing. You will get laid. You will get things most civie girls may not do. Other than dealing with flaky women, you really don't have to work very hard to nail a provider. A civie is not a sure thing. They can be a lot of work to find, track, and capture. And then you may end up with all the baggage they can carry. Finding providers and strippers is so easy.

Taking the path of least resistance can be a hard habit to break. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Funny, but so true.

but soon I will give this hobby up, and only read some of your comments. Originally Posted by boujangles
There's a depressing thought.
None. I see Providers in order to relieve stress while enjoying the variety of beautiful women in Dallas. I date to enjoy pleasant conversation, dance, flirt and see where we end up.
Since I never had a dating life before, it has not hurt it a bit.

How many civilian girls would want to date a 350lb (on my skinny days) guy who lives with his mother?
This hobby has proven to me dating civies is a waste of my time and resources. It has some pitfalls of course but I believe being married is the biggest pitfall. I can now go out and not do the whole trying to pick a girl up routine. I can truly go out have drinks and not worry if I meet someone. Someone is usually a text or phone call away. If I want a civie date I can find a great girl from here and I know whats going to happen. I like sure things. I know the hobby is almost instant gratification and there are some really great women here so not interested in civies.