KU and the NCAA Tourney

So KU is seeded #2 in the midwest region. Although that may sound good, their stats are a bit weak. Getting free throw points off of fouls doesn't work in tournament games.
With Notre Dame, Kentucky and Wichita in this pool, I'm going to be careful where I place a bet.
Thoughts?
(other than it's a shame our fav jhawk is muzzled).
They will be homeward bound after round 2. I don't think they can beat the Shockers this year.
#3 in RPI and #8 in the power rankings is kind of weak?
A regular season .440 field goal success rate?
(from espn's stats board)
FG% is what wins games in the tourneys
I am a devout KU fan, but my expectations this year are pretty modest. I think they would be doing well just to make it to the Elite Eight, let alone any further in this year's tourney.
If KU play the Shockers they will lose.
If KU play the Shockers they will lose. Originally Posted by kc810m
says who? you? and what say you give us the reason you believe this?
The way they have been playing as of late I was thinking that the trip to Omaha would be to find a provider.
says who? you? and what say you give us the reason you believe this? Originally Posted by BigDeal
In my opinion the Shockers play more hungry, like they want it more. This year I've seen KU play like they are sleep-walking and/or making really dumb plays. Often times they've looked like a poorly coached team. And now we may be seeing more come of the eligibility issues with one of the players. And didn't one of the assistant coaches go to jail? Just too much BS going on right now for KU.

Shockers play hungry ALL the time.
In my opinion the Shockers play more hungry, like they want it more. This year I've seen KU play like they are sleep-walking and/or making really dumb plays. Often times they've looked like a poorly coached team. And now we may be seeing more come of the eligibility issues with one of the players. And didn't one of the assistant coaches go to jail? Just too much BS going on right now for KU.

Shockers play hungry ALL the time. Originally Posted by kc810m
I think the Shockers are trying to play for respect..they got a 7th seed which even Bill Self said they were robbed.
I seriously don't think it is coaching....I think its youth and chemistry.

As far as the assistant coach he got busted for pot...not going to jail...Bill suspended him for 2 weeks...Bill loves the guy and he is a good recruiter.

Another thing the eligibility issue...was Alexanders mom allegedly took a loan from someone with ties to the NBA...Bill wouldn't have know about it and is distancing the school from that as much as possible.

In the end I still don't think you can say KU will lose but I do think it will be good game.
Season stats
Shockers: .446 FG, .688 FT, .362 3pt%, turnovers 301
Jhawks: .440 FG, .720 FT, .375 3pt%, turnovers 435

I might put a bar tab on the Shockers.

Sorry Stacy, KU might make the 16, but that's the most IMO.
I am a devout KU fan, but my expectations this year are pretty modest. I think they would be doing well just to make it to the Elite Eight, let alone any further in this year's tourney. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh

Just have to rub it in a little. How about those Iowa State Cyclones!! The come back kids five times in a row.
Season stats
Shockers: .446 FG, .688 FT, .362 3pt%, turnovers 301
Jhawks: .440 FG, .720 FT, .375 3pt%, turnovers 435

I might put a bar tab on the Shockers.

Sorry Stacy, KU might make the 16, but that's the most IMO. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
meh different competition in the Missouri Valley vs KU's top rated RPI and Big12
I think the Hawks are over-rated and anytime they play at a neutral site or at somebody else's house they could lose at anytime ... They play down to there competition .. ( K -State ) they have lost to teams with near .500 record ... I don't have the Hawks going far at all
  • Cleo
  • 03-18-2015, 03:56 PM
I guess time will tell BD. With all the talk of how strong the Big 12 is, all the talk of RPI, & all the #2 & #3 seeds, you'd think that at least one team will make the final four? Otherwise, maybe the headlines in Big 12 country should read, "OVER-RATED?" Love this time of year btw! Enjoy! :-)