Appropriate wait time for a request response

As a noob I was curious to an acceptable wait time for a response from a provider in which one has sent a request. I thought about posting on the national board but from my research it seems that we hobbyist seem to be blessed here in Texas and especially the Dallas area as we have quite a market that doesn't reflect much of the rest of the country. So with a large and busy market I want to get more local opinions on what is acceptable and should be expected. I sent out my first request almost 24 hours ago and haven't heard a peep back. Should I wait a little longer or move on and find another provider that I may be interested in? I understand depending on the provider that some may be busier than others and may not have time to respond but I also understand some may never respond if they feel you are not compatible. I would hope the hobbyist here could handle rejection and accept it just as they reject specific providers for similar reasons. I am a big boy and am not "whining" about rejection however I would expect providers to understand my time is equally important to me and I would rather know and move on rather than sit and wait for days for a response before I try and make another arrangement. Am I out of line here? Or should I not care and start multiple request and take the first that replies and just ignore the rest? To me the latter would seem to waste the providers time which I want to be respectful of just as I would hope they would be respectful of my time. So it all boils down to how long is an acceptable wait time fore a response in a busy market place such as this? Opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks
There is no set time, just whatever you are comfortable with, especially giving the time frame when you would like to see someone.

Speaking in general terms, the providers have lives and do not have a phone and/or a computer up their ass, so most will not respond in just a few minutes. But, if she places an ad, especially an available now ad, and you try to contact her then she does not respond within a few hours at the most, then she shouldn't be placing an ad to begin with! If you contact a provider out of the blue, she may be out of pocket so sometimes it may take a day or two for her to get back to you. It is always a good idea to not only have a plan B, but also plans C, D and E.

In any event, I think a provider needs to respond to all inquiries as soon as she possibly can, even if it is to say "no thanks" as that would be common courtesy. It may get frustrating for a provider when a guy sends her numerous text all through out the day just to flirt/chit chat, even if there is an appointment set for later on during the day so that is never a good idea, after all, this is a business to a provider, not an invitation for a social, on going relationship.

After you make initial contact with a provider, what is really frustrating is no response at all or she eventually does get back to you and possibly even setting an appointment, and then you do not hear from her after trying to confirm. The worst scenario is you get ready, drive all the way across town in traffic for over an hour, then when you get to general location, she goes radio silent on you. Usually, that indicates one of two things, her TCB skills need vast improvement or she possibly had a regular of hers contact her last minute and she tried to squeeze him in before you arrived, going past the time you were scheduled to be there.
Hell, I just moved from Texas in January. I emailed someone in Dec, asking how often she travels to my area. She just replied this week!!!!!!!!! Telling me she's going to be in Richmond on Monday. Since I work during the hours she will be here, still won't see her. But when I was in Texas, I would text my ATF, Cason, and I know that sometimes it would take her a day or two to get back to me. But she always did. Later

R14
For me personally, if I have an available now ad I'll try to respond within the hour, unless I'm tied up.

If I don't have an available now ad I try to answer within one to two hours unless I'm just crazy busy at work. Also if I'm not interested in a particular hobbyist I may not return PMs until the very end of the day.

But overall I think 48 hours is a good cut-off point.

As a noob I was curious to an acceptable wait time for a response from a provider in which one has sent a request. ... I sent out my first request almost 24 hours ago and haven't heard a peep back. Should I wait a little longer or move on and find another provider that I may be interested in? I understand depending on the provider that some may be busier than others ... Am I out of line here? Or should I not care and start multiple request and take the first that replies and just ignore the rest? To me the latter would seem to waste the providers time which I want to be respectful of just as I would hope they would be respectful of my time.

So it all boils down to how long is an acceptable wait time fore a response in a busy market place such as this? Opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks Originally Posted by OnTheSpotCorrection
on the spot, good thing that you are seeking out info about etiquette in this crazy sub-culture.
a couple of options.

a. send out your request and wait 24-48 hrs for a response.
if you dont hear anything back [not unusual], move on to the next provider on your list.
while it's great customer service to respond to a (prospective) client, if she doesnt, she doesnt. for whatever reason or lack of reason.
i suggest you just let it go and move on. no sense in worrying or fretting about something you cannot control.

b. you could send out multiple requests and take either the first responder or the "best" responder.
if you arrange an appt and then you hear from another provider who says she's available, just let her know your plans have changed but will keep her in mind [that is, if you would like to visit her in the future].
DO NOT cancel w/ the provider you've arranged to meet so that you can arrange to meet another provider ==> BAD MOJO!!
[unless you really didnt want to visit the first provider. in which case, you shouldnt have arranged with her].

also, if responding to subsequent providers, DO NOT let them know you already arranged an appt w/ another provider [and DO NOT identify her].
unless you want to up the probability of getting a stream of negative emails and/or texts. :^)

(i made this mistake one time. i sent out 3 requests and got replies from all three. i wrote one provider "wow, now i have to decide which of you i should visit." like i said BAD MOJO. she called me most every name in the book. Lesson learned!!!)

regardless, communicate w/ the provider via her suggested media [pvt msg, email, text, ph call, skype, whatever].
if she doesnt list a suggested media, a pvt msg w/ an email mentioning the pvt msg would be appropriate.

p.s., while i mostly use lower case and understand the concept of "glass houses, throwing stones", i suggest you use the Enter key to put some whitespace between your thoughts. it might make it easier to read and understand your posts.

For me personally, if I have an available now ad I'll try to respond within the hour, unless I'm tied up.

If I don't have an available now ad I try to answer within one to two hours unless I'm just crazy busy at work. Also if I'm not interested in a particular hobbyist I may not return PMs until the very end of the day.

But overall I think 48 hours is a good cut-off point. Originally Posted by milfy2002
great TCB there milfy!!
llike i wrote above, 1-2 days, more if original msg is on a friday.

just hope you dont stay tied up too long. wouldnt be good for your body.
great TCB there milfy!!

just hope you dont stay tied up too long. wouldnt be good for your body. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Depends on how long until you untie me!

Oh yes, good call about the weekends. I know with family and kids you can sometimes skip an entire day of email.

From experience though if you don't receive an answer in a sufficient amount of time it's best to move on and visit someone who has gotten back to you. If/when you finally do get an answer back just schedule for a date in the not so distant future....so you got laid twice instead of the once you were anticipating, there's certainly nothing wrong with that!
Thanks to all that responded, excellent food for thought! Another thing I was taking into consideration is how long has it been since the providers account has been active.

In my case I am trying to catch a really hot, newbie friendly provider that is from Huston but visiting Dallas for the week. Her last day here is Friday according to her calendar and ads. I think I will wait until mid day Friday and if I still haven't heard anything I will attempt to contact my next choice.

Again thanks for the input!
Respectfully,
OnTheSpotCorrection
If a new contact I allow 36 hrs. I don't stack. I plan ahead.

If a second request after a P411 OK, 24 hrs. I don't stack.

After that, 12 hrs. I still don't stack.

Yep, I hate making false excuses for no show. Slap John Henry if he complains when he has to go without.

But overall I think 48 hours is a good cut-off point. Originally Posted by milfy2002
great TCB there milfy!!

just hope you dont stay tied up too long. wouldnt be good for your body. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Depends on how long until you untie me!
===>pmd: milfy, i will keep you tied up in my mind until i get back from vacation!!
btw, my ties are velvet-like :^)

If/when you finally do get an answer back just schedule for a date in the not so distant future....so you got laid twice instead of the once you were anticipating, there's certainly nothing wrong with that! Originally Posted by milfy2002
there's a thought - make an appt w/ one woman, have some delites. then another later that day or the next day w/ milfy2002 and have some more delites!!!
If you are on a specific schedule, let the provider know you need a response within a certain time frame to allow you enough time to set things. That sets a feeling of urgency that may help get a response quicker.
If you are on a specific schedule, let the provider know you need a response within a certain time frame to allow you enough time to set things. That sets a feeling of urgency that may help get a response quicker. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
doesn't work for me OBSG.. I typically pm "hey, I just popped a little blue pill, I need to see your ass in the next 3 hours".. never got a response.. well, I got a couple of "fuck offs", but no booked sessions.

onthespotcorrection.. did you hear back from the "Huston" girl yet? probably prudent to start ligning up plan B about now.
48 hours tops, move on to next. good ones will respond and schedule
I typically try to respond within the hour, unless like milfy, I am busy. Even when I am taking the day off, I will still respond with a message saying that I am not available that day and will let the client know when I will be available again. The last thing I want is for someone to think that i am deliberately ignoring him. I think it's best to reply to all messages, even if you don't plan to see that guy. At least tell him that you feel that you two are not a good match so he can stop waiting around for a reply that will never come! I know for me, I would rather be told no than ignored.
I believe p411 has a check by outbox if you send a pm also. If its been read then she should get back same day and say yes or no
I think it's best to reply to all messages, even if you don't plan to see that guy. At least tell him that you feel that you two are not a good match so he can stop waiting around for a reply that will never come! I know for me, I would rather be told no than ignored. Originally Posted by Angel Ryder

That is so true! Oh my gosh I dropped the ball and didn't respond back to an inquiry until 10pm last week or maybe two weeks ago, and I still feel bad about it. It was like 12 hours after the request was sent to me. I was just so busy that day.