The Original Dannie's Gumbo Woo Hoo

Sometime In June 2012

I mentioned in a fantasy review of Miss Two sides I was debating to discuss her world famous gumbo. Well here it is and the visible ROS I heard about it from monkmonk but I was still on the fence because he did not tell me the ingredients. I assumed it had shrimp. Well I dont eat shrimp. We talked after our fantasy session and so I asked her about the gumbo. She said it has no shrimp I was like sure ok I will try some. One bite and I was like It was seasoned to perfection. Not sure of the invididual ingredients, nor will I speculate, and if I did I will not say. Needless to say the it went from one bowl to two for me. I started to ask For a gallon size to go . Since I knew I would see her again, I decided to just savor the moment. Her gumbo hands down is the best I ever had. Matter of fact the only gumbo I will eat henceforth is The Original Dannie. I am sure other providers and hobbiest can attest to her gumbo.

The Original Dannie Gumbo = 10
Ingredients = 10

Recommendation = To steal Daaaaaaaaman famous quote Fuck YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!! My favorite part was when you said you don't really like gumbo. They all say that.

I don't use shrimp or shellfish because so many people have allergies to 'em. I've tweaked a recipe from a friend's great-grandmother. She makes it with chicken thighs and andouille. I use turkey thighs/andouille instead, because I think roasted turkey thighs make the broth a lot richer. I also take my time with the roux. I ain't telling' the rest, though

I'm making a vat as we speak

FUCK YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
FOODIES UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!
knock knock knock....let a foodie in girl!
My family is from southern Louisiana, my grandmother taught me how to cook, including gumbo. Italian is my specialty along with knowing how to make a really great steak and some potatoes that are to die for.
THE DANNIE can cook, take it from a chef.
She is a lady of many skills
  • Lanny
  • 06-14-2012, 04:28 PM
...since got to eat Dannie's vat, err, I mean gumbo...
Hobby Foodies, daty kinda the same thing lol
I have the BBQ trophies to go with my claims.
I can eat ...
<--- Two Bowls and Bagels
Dannie refuses to feed the pyramider.
cause you look like Your Avatar when you eat....
Dannie gave me the recipe but I have not had a chance to make it yet. I'm thinking no matter how good it is it would be better eating it with her sitting across from me.
moved up here in august from da bayou and still cant find a good gumbo besides my own....tried pappdeauxs(give it a 6 out of 10)...there is a resteraunt called copelands that is a new orleans staple and ive heard there is one up here...anybody know where its at?
Have you tried Dodies?