Give this man a fiver

https://www.gofundme.com/f/lets-get-...ource=customer

This is a big fucking issue that impacts all of us. Check this guy out on youtube. He's like the patron saint of shitting on Apple.

I don't have the resources or the connections to fight this, so I gave this dude a bit of money. I don't like what electronics manufacturers have been doing, or auto makers in a lot of areas, or lots of industries with the shit we spend our hard earned money on.

Right to Repair is a big fucking deal, and if you haven't been paying attention to it you're going to get bit in the ass as everything becomes more "smart".

If you don't want to end up with televisions and fridges/dish washers/washing machines that don't do their job properly if they can't connect to our shitty local internet service providers and things that are designed to need to be completely replaced every 1-3 years, get involved in this fight now.
Apple SUCKS for pulling that shit! Never has any use for Apple.

Chrysler tried pulling that crap years ago. Chrysler said if a Chrysler dealer doesn't do all required periodic maintenance at a Chrysler dealership, it would void their warranty. They were forced to back down from that.
ya, John deere is fucking farmers with half million dollar tractors and stuff too. Lot of slimey shit going on.
Vehicle oil changes is another way we are getting scammed. It's cheap and easy to do. Been changing my own oil forever.

However on new vehicles they now make you use full synthetic oils.
Dealer oil changes now runs 50-90 bucks depending of what you have.
Most new vehicles now have Driver Information Centers, a DIC, telling you when it's time for an oil change.

Years ago DIC would let you go up to 7000-9000 miles on a regular 4 Quart virgin oil change for your big ~289-350 cu inch engines.

Now DIC reports time to change oil sometimes < 5000 miles using 6 quarts of full synthetic oil on a dinky little ~219 cu inch engine!
My truck specifies Mobil 1..8 quarts..my car 7 quarts of the same
What really SUCKS is the Mobil 1 label says it will last for ~10,000 miles!
Super Duper New & Improved Mobil 1 label says it will last ~15,000 miles!

But DIC says to change oil around 5,000 miles!

But DIC says to change oil around 5,000 miles! Originally Posted by Zollner
Reset it three times for fucks sake, lol

Usually just need to press two or three buttons for a few seconds
Reset it three times for fucks sake, lol
Originally Posted by bf0082

But DIC says to change oil around 5,000 miles! Originally Posted by Zollner
The oil might really last 15,000 miles. Over time normal wear and tear of an engine causes contaminates to mix with the oil. So even though the oil may be perfectly fine, you still may have to change it, especially if the engine has some years on it.
I don't know squat about cars, only the basics of how a combustion engine works.
The oil might really last 15,000 miles. Over time normal wear and tear of an engine causes contaminates to mix with the oil. So even though the oil may be perfectly fine, you still may have to change it, especially if the engine has some years on it.
I don't know squat about cars, only the basics of how a combustion engine works. Originally Posted by Willie Wanker
IDK a buddy has a year old VW Tiguan. Takes full synthetic oil, Mobil 1. Says the VW DIC reports oil change in due usually 10,000-13,000 miles! Must be that superior German engineering.

Anyways this point will be moot on the next EV vehicle that needs no more fucking oil changes.
IDK a buddy has a year old VW Tiguan. Takes full synthetic oil, Mobil 1. Says the VW DIC reports oil change in due usually 10,000-13,000 miles! Must be that superior German engineering.

Anyways this point will be moot on the next EV vehicle that needs no more fucking oil changes. Originally Posted by Zollner
Still waiting for my Mach-e, estimated delivery is the end of June.
In the meantime my dealership changes my oil at 15,000. It takes full synthetic too. This Mazda has been a great car with the least maintenance required of any vehicle I've owned. The Japanese automakers make great cars. .
I'm sure you'll like the Mustang...don't read Motortrends
comparison to the Tesla Y
I'm sure you'll like the Mustang...don't read Motortrends
comparison to the Tesla Y Originally Posted by keeponrisin
I know both vehicles have strengths and weaknesses. The Tesla Y was my 2nd choice after test driving both multiple times.
Did Motortrend give the Mach-E a negative review in the comparison?
From past experience I've found it's better for me to make purchases based on my own experience rather than other reviewers recommendations. I've been burned too many times by making purchases based on Consumer Reports ratings and reviews. It's informative, but I find that it's better to do your. own test. The $9500 tax credit available for the Mach-E also impacted my decison. Both are great imo.
You can go on amazon or home depot or walmart and get full syntetic for like 23$ for a jug, rock auto and spend 5$ on an oil filter. At those prices doing it myself I don't really mind changing the oil. Changing the oil and doing your pads is nice just because you avoid sitting around or dropping your car off for a few hours for something that takes 20 minutes (for oil anyway, pads little more involved)

I remember when I was dating someone with a Jetta and she was taking it (before i bought it) to local places to get the oil changed. They were charging like 80-100+ for the full synthetic oil changes, they were forgetting to install splash guards/plates and all sorts of shit. Always cheaper to do the oil yourself. I did the car wash membership thing for the last month and it came with some free full synthetic oil change but I don't even trust those little idiots to do that shit right and not just give me the lowest quality crap imaginable.

Also never trust amazon reviews for anything. Lots of people get paid to write amazon reviews. They made it so sellers can't just out right give out free products for good reviews in a lot of cases so -tons- of vendors for all sorts of products email you outside of amazon if you sign up for their "extended warranties" or bullshit websites and basically have you buy on amazon, they send you money on paypal, you give a free review, then they send you a 20-50$ amazon gift card ontop of it.

You get familiar enough with it and you can see through the 50-100 word review requirements and tell who's never used the product. especially when theres a bunch of 1-3 star reviews or a few rogue 4-5 star reviews just to get it to the top of the stack explaining that its a shit product.

even if my oil was rated for some high number like that I don't think I'd actually push it that far for as easy/cheap as its always been to change it myself, but i've never had a super duper sports car. I just tend to put the best synthetic I can find in em unless theres a reason for something else to go through like with some pickup trucks.

Idk, i'm still new to the shade tree mechanic thing. Just a weekend warrior.

If you are going to get fucked on local prices (the 24 hour autozone sometimes is a necessity) I've found you can save a little cash ordering from advancedauto online. They wont' give you the savings/coupons if you go in store and buy the stuff but if you stand there and do a 'store pickup" from your phone they knock like 5-20% off sometimes depending. Just something silly I realized the past 2 years.