Stop and think about why we have a Memorial Day

We must remember that men (and women) died to give us the freedoms that we can so casually take for granted. And fortunately we still have heroes willing to die today for the rest of us.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15-13.

We must all fight in the political realm to preserve those liberties that our honored dead earned for us with their blood and their lives; that we not give away with our apathy what their total devotion won for us.
Thank you to all that have fought for my country.
Very touching note sir...well said...I pray for peace in this world....war brings destruction and at times no political gains....but after saying that...America will preserve its freedom and clout with the most beautiful women and men who are committed to do so...love them...totally....From my heart...

To my best friend all my life..Lt cdr...you are always missed...we rotate to see your family frequently....you were my angel....
I served in the U S Army in the early 80's! My roommate from WOC school was killed in the first gulf war February 1991! Not a day goes buy I don't think of all the things he and I endured through WOC, pathfinder and jump school! Meeting his mother at the airport to claim his remains is one of the hardest days I have ever lived through! Never forget what those who laid their lives down for us did to enjoy living in this wonderful country!
One put sorry for your loss. I feel it too. Cheers sir. My salute to you fully dressed in white sir for your service and the sacrifices you have made...and your friend....
Amen! Happy memorial day. This made me tear up.
I wear a US Navy Ball cap on holidays like Memorial Day (I am a Viet Nam Vet) people thank me for my service I reply thank you but I tell them that the real reason I wear it is to memorialize the 121 guys KIA in my group in 1969.
I wear a US Navy Ball cap on holidays like Memorial Day (I am a Viet Nam Vet) people thank me for my service I reply thank you but I tell them that the real reason I wear it is to memorialize the 121 guys KIA in my group in 1969. Originally Posted by loveitdou
I, like you rarely wear anything related to my US ARMY service, but when I do it is with purpose and respect!
Thanks for your service!

And thank you Beau and Alyssa!
My respect to you sir...loveit.

OP is the photo from Normandy..,been there once had to you still feel the intensity. See the French flag also on the photo....i wish British flag was there too...those guys took the brunt...we do not credit them enough...