Joe Rogan

I like him. Take what he says with a grain of salt, except when it comes to a few topics I trust him as an expert on.

See no reason to cancel or boycot him. Feel he's weathering the storm well. His use of racial slurs in the past are regrettable and will serve him with a moment of reflection.

What are your thoughts?
I have no problem with him. Reminds me of the fuss everyone made over Howard Stern in the early years. Now he's laughing all the way to the bank.

I really doubt Neil Young & the other burned-out-has-been-hippies are being missed by the under 30 crowd. Its not exactly dance club/rave material, ya know. Kind of weird how the "Fight the Man,Fight the System" crowd of old is now "Listen to the Man. Trust the System".

Once we start censoring because someone is "offended", when do we stop?
Kind of weird how the "Fight the Man,Fight the System" crowd of old is now "Listen to the Man. Trust the System".

Once we start censoring because someone is "offended", when do we stop? Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
They got old and made money
The only thing I've learned is that Spotify makes too much money. if they can pay him $100M and then "invest $100 million in licensing, development and marketing of music and audio content from "historically marginalized groups."" they make too much money.
If they're making that kind of money, people are willing to pay. Businesses should drive profit and they're doing that successfully. As long as they don't alienate a large portion of their customer base and effectively manage their business they'll likely be just fine.
If they're making that kind of money, people are willing to pay. Businesses should drive profit and they're doing that successfully. As long as they don't alienate a large portion of their customer base and effectively manage their business they'll likely be just fine. Originally Posted by HDGristle
I agree, however, when musical artists are making fractions of a cent for each play, the balance is off. I wonder if Joe Rogan is on the same pay scale as musical artists or if it's a flat rate no matter how many people listen to his podcast?
He’s a fucking moron who pushes anti-parasitic drugs for a fucking viral illness. Ivermectin and Hyroxychloroquine are both anti-parasitic drugs. Using them to treat a viral Illness is like giving a fucking dog catnip. And btw, if you believe that taking anti-parasitic drugs for a viral illness is a good idea, than you’re a fucking moron too and you can go fuck yourself.
I wouldn't expect him to be on the same scale. Those are very different media