New to Dallas - Places to do/things to see!

Hi lovlies,
I moved from Austin a month or so ago & I was hoping to get some intel on some fun things to do here!
I'm not familiar with too many of the areas besides where some bars are lol so I was hoping to find good places to shop, eat, go hiking with my dog (really miss the outdoorsy part of Austin), etc.
It's also my birthday this coming weekend, so some restaurant recommendations would be AMAZING!

Thanks for the recommendations ahead of time & I hope everyone has a good rest of their week
It depends to some extent as to where you are located in Dallas.

Northpark Mall and the Galleria are popular shopping venues. Northpark is on 75/Central Expressway, while the Galleria is on the North Dallas Tollway.

There are several hiking trails in the city and the suburbs which are dog friendly, as well as dog parks. The White Rock Lake Trail is very popular.

There is a huge number of eateries with an wide array of cuisines, and prices. I would suggest you check the web to see what is within a reasonable distance of your residence. The Friday Dallas Morning News has a supplement which reviews new restaurants and lists/rates those which have been around for awhile.
  • BLM69
  • 01-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Northpark Mall and the Galleria are popular shopping venues. Northpark is on 75/Central Expressway, while the Galleria is on the North Dallas Tollway.

There are several hiking trails in the city and the suburbs which are dog friendly, as well as dog parks. The White Rock Lake Trail is very popular.

There is a huge number of eateries with an wide array of cuisines, and prices. I would suggest you check the web to see what is within a reasonable distance of your residence. The Friday Dallas Morning News has a supplement which reviews new restaurants and lists/rates those which have been around for awhile. Originally Posted by Fritz52
Nevermind LOL

There is a huge number of eateries with an wide array of cuisines, and prices. I would suggest you check the web to see what is within a reasonable distance of your residence. The Friday Dallas Morning News has a supplement which reviews new restaurants and lists/rates those which have been around for awhile. Originally Posted by Fritz52
Thank you! I'll be sure to search the web. Just wanted to see if anyone had any "hidden gems" around town that were a go-to spot.
Nevermind LOL Originally Posted by BLM69
it's the thought that counts lol
Sofbx20, welcome to dallas and welcum to dallas eccie!!

in what part of the area are you living? neighborhood or closest major cross-streets? how long are you willing to drive to places (dallas is big and traffic can be the pits - not like I-35 in austin, tho). that info can help us give you more soecific ideas.

chk out Dallas Observer, Guide by Dallas Morning News, Culture Map, even the Voice (gay crowd) for ideas and events and restaurants.

there are dog parks all over and lots of hike/bike/walking/running trails - many were converted from railroad tracks, so be vigilant & aware of surroundings - go when lots of sun! there are some nice nature parks up in east plano.

wrt restaurants, all over and every cuisine & dietary style you can imagine!! if you want some great gelato, Paciugo has many locations. Central Market has good gelato, too (banana split was yummy).

if you have more questions, send me a private msg.
It would be my honor to let you try one of the DFW areas rare and small kosher salamis.
On fort Worth side is Joe t Garcia's and then there is always the shooting range with me lol
Sofbx20, welcome to dallas and welcum to dallas eccie!!

in what part of the area are you living? neighborhood or closest major cross-streets? how long are you willing to drive to places (dallas is big and traffic can be the pits - not like I-35 in austin, tho). that info can help us give you more soecific ideas.

chk out Dallas Observer, Guide by Dallas Morning News, Culture Map, even the Voice (gay crowd) for ideas and events and restaurants.

there are dog parks all over and lots of hike/bike/walking/running trails - many were converted from railroad tracks, so be vigilant & aware of surroundings - go when lots of sun! there are some nice nature parks up in east plano.

wrt restaurants, all over and every cuisine & dietary style you can imagine!! if you want some great gelato, Paciugo has many locations. Central Market has good gelato, too (banana split was yummy).

if you have more questions, send me a private msg. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Thank you for your recommendations !
I'm near the Galleria, off of 75. I wish there was more areas to actually hike lol but it's very flat around here, so something to get used to.
It would be my honor to let you try one of the DFW areas rare and small kosher salamis. Originally Posted by mtabsw
lolol this made me laugh
On fort Worth side is Joe t Garcia's and then there is always the shooting range with me lol Originally Posted by skyeclipse
I haven't been to joe t garcias in so long! I for sure want to go have a margarita now, but need this weather to get better.
& I've also never been to a shooting range. Maybe we can knock out two birds with one stone in the future
Try Deep Ellum lots of fun down there
Wagging tail dog park is nice and scenic which shouldn't be too far from your area
When weather is better let's go
there are some trails/parks in plano north of Collin College Spring Creek campus, as well as a zip line /adventure course (go ape @ https://www.goape.com/location/texas-plano/)