Music is such a blessing.. you have to watch this!

Nice. "If music be the food of love, play on".

Reese, you are too sweet.
Nice. "If music be the food of love, play on".

Reese, you are too sweet. Originally Posted by daty/o
Thank you Glad you enjoyed it.
a very touching video...
thanks for sharing Reese!
Wow. Just wow. Thank you so much for bringing this joy amidst the daily HSD.
Very nice, Ms. Foster! The power of music is very great indeed! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing this, Reese! I have read several articles about this research in the Psychological Journals, but this is the first general public presentation I have seen. I am most excited by the fact that several million people have seen this video; hopefully the word will spread and more children with aging parents will be able to use these techniques to reach their loved ones again after years of disappointing isolation. So cool!
Very cool Reese, thanks for sharing.
  • Go4it
  • 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Simply outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
1. Its rare that I post
2. Its rare that a youtube video moves me,

I am posting that I was moved.
Beautiful !!!
I wish that I had thought about this when my grandmother was suffering with Alzheimer's. I can only wish that it would have stirred up some memories for her.

1. Its rare that I post
2. Its rare that a youtube video moves me,

I am posting that I was moved. Originally Posted by Flavinho
Thanks for posting

I still get teary eyed when I watch it. I just want to hug him!
Truly beautiful Reese.

But...."I hope I die before I get old."
I wish that I had thought about this when my grandmother was suffering with Alzheimer's. I can only wish that it would have stirred up some memories for her.

Thanks for posting

I still get teary eyed when I watch it. I just want to hug him! Originally Posted by Reese Foster
My ma, ( god bless her ) was a musician along with her brothers and sisters, music was all around me goin up. She bought me my first guitar (which I still have) and showed me lots of chords. She showed me how to play "And I love her" by the Beatles. She also said that was the last song she would teach me and that I should teach myself from then on. Which I did. I did nothing but play in bands for about 20 yrs. Thx to her. As she got older I had to place her in a home as she had developed Alzheimers. After dinner I would play her favorite music thru headphones for her-we would "dance" as I held her hands as she sat in her wheelchair. She loved the standards to Led Zep and thats no lie!!!! Many songs bring back memories of her esp. "And I love her", but others just make me crack-up as she really liked "Kung Foo Fighting" and Zep's "When the Levee breaks" ...and so it goes. Thx for bringing this up Reese, and don't worry Reese, your Gram's just fine. She know's you did your best.