Recommendations for Hotels/Motels for scheduling outcall?

I have a lucky day tomorrow, and will be visiting with an out of town provider. I need to find an outcall location since I share my house with somebody else. Do any of the major hotels around town provide half-day rates by any chance? I would love to have her meet me at a hotel but if there is any way I can avoid dropping 125+ for the room it would be nice. Any advice would be appreciated.
Don't waste $125 on a room? Check out priceline.com. You can get a room for $60. You can also name your own pricee and probably get a better deal.
  • ztonk
  • 05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
hotwire.com, hotels.com, and any of the other myriad of online travel sites can often net you a cheap playroom, especially on short notice.
I've found some hotels not willing to rent to people with a local address. What hotels have people used that have worked well?
I use Priceline name your own price Austin North I bid 40 or 45 for a 21/2 star and almost always get what is now Holiday Inn by Highland Mall with taxes and fee around $53-57
I've found some hotels not willing to rent to people with a local address. What hotels have people used that have worked well? Originally Posted by gr8fultx
I've booked hotels all around town, and have never had a problem.

A few times, they mentioned me living so close....but not normally. When they have, I've used different lines. ie....house is being painted, exterminators coming thru, need a break from the family, etc.

I don't know of any hotel that would refuse your money. If the person at the front desk pitches a fit, ask for the manager. Explain to them you don't appreciate your privacy being violated by a hotel employee, and if they want you to take your money elsewhere, you will.

Trust me, you'll get a room

Alisha...xoxo
I have also never had a hard time renting a room in the city I live in. And I recommend Priceline.com as well. I have stayed at many 4 Star hotels for less than a hundred bucks. Some as low as $55.00
If you book online, it seems it would be harder for them to refuse when you show up to check in.

Tell them you're moving across town and your furniture is on the moving truck.
There is no reason to have to make up an excuse to stay in a hotel.
assuming all the online deals require CC. any recommendations for places that deal in cash? north austin.
BigRock, I PM'd you a suggestion.
Another vote for Priceline.com, you can get some great deals.

Some hotels still accept cash with a deposit, just be prepared to call around to a few.

xoxo Sophie