Katy, TX.... what the hell??

• ackvt
  • 03-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I moved to Katy from inside the loop in November... kids, better schools, bigger house, in case you wonder why. I used to have 15 good to great breakfast taco places within a max of 10 minutes from my front door. Now in Katy I can't find a SINGLE decent breakfast taco place. WTF??? Maybe I just don't know where to go... Does anyone have any suggestions or local knowledge that will solve this problem? Seriously, if I had known this before I moved I may have made a different decision.
Welcome to suburban yuppie hell?
Are you in suburban Katy (Mason Rd., Fry Rd.) or in old downtown Katy?

I believe there are some taco places on 90 near Avenue D. (I haven't been there in a while)
Tex Taco Katy Fortbend Rd. and Morton . There are 3 on that corner , I like Tx Taco. Also several on Saums between Mason and Barker Cypress.
They don't allow Mexicans in Katy...
WU you must have not been here in a while. You need to know Spanish if you need anything now. English is the second language here.
  • ackvt
  • 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Old: I am in suburban Katy, Fry south of 10.
MrC: Thank you! I'll definately check out Tx Taco. I don't recall that one showing up on a Google search.
WU: Uh... What MrC said.
Jbravo: Not sure about the Yuppie part... but was starting to resemble hell until MrC pointed out TX Taco.
Thanks for the warning! I'll stay put inside the loop!
If you were expecting to find Taco trucks in that Area, I really don't know what were you thinking. Katy is an upscale area, taco trucks would never survive there.

But look on maps within ur area, I'm sure there are places that serves breakfast tacos nearby u.
there is taco truck next to convenience store (in front of the E star buffet on the I10 ) also there is great taco place in side of Phillips 66 gas/convenience store on 890 westgreen and kingsland serves breakfast taco and lunch.
  • gsgm
  • 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Hell there are taco trucks on Memorial now. And I stopped at one on 1093 past BW8 but that is out there. I am sure there are taco trucks, and good ones in katy. On 1093 I had some good Cochinita and Pastor tacos at lunch. Even had habanero sauce.
There are lots of taco trucks in Katy, also some BBQ and Pollo trucks. The only thing we don't have are many providers.
Yeah you do ... they are called housewives.
They don't allow Mexicans in Katy... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Except on Saturday's between 7am-11am to mow lawns. Right WU.
What's a breakfast taco?