Why The Fuck Are We Still Paying For This???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Health_System

I have asked my Harris Vounty Commisioner, and have sent a letter to my State Representative.

So far, no answer.

There is absolutly no need for any type of needy health care facilities owned and operated by Harris County.

The ACA, aka Obamacare, now states that everyone will have health insurance. Period.

Have you residents of Harris County looked at you County Tax Bill. It's still on there.

Why??

As of now, it is business as usual, at the tax payers expense.
You're an idiot.
  • Old-T
  • 05-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Truly a dumb post, Jackie. Wave your wand and the world instantly changes.

Obama are is a very flawed process. Unfortunately the previous "answer" to health care was even worse. Until both parties decide to actually take this off the political stage and work it with a serious intent to FIX it, we are likely to see one bad "answer" after another.
Flip a switch. Everything changes. BTW -- don't you think the cap room that would be created by dropping the hospital district rate wouldn't be filled by something else.

Clueless.
  • CJ7
  • 05-11-2014, 10:49 AM

I have asked my Harris Vounty Commisioner, and have sent a letter to my State Representative.

So far, no answer.

There is absolutly no need for any type of needy health care facilities owned and operated by Harris County.

The ACA, aka Obamacare, now states that everyone will have health insurance. Period.

Have you residents of Harris County looked at you County Tax Bill. It's still on there.

Why??

As of now, it is business as usual, at the tax payers expense. Originally Posted by Jackie S

everyone will have healthcare .. SOOOO There is absolutly no need for any type of needy health care facilities owned and operated by Harris County

BRILLIANT !

A county facility makes a profit (possibly) lowering county taxes ... can't have that !

even more brilliant-er

snort
everyone will have healthcare .. SOOOO There is absolutly no need for any type of needy health care facilities owned and operated by Harris County

A county facility makes a profit (possibly) lowering county taxes ... can't have that ! Originally Posted by CJ7
No, it won't. It is a bloated bureaucracy that will never relinquish it's cash cow, the tax payer.
everyone will have healthcare .. Originally Posted by CJ7
CBJ7, when is it projected under Obamacare that all citizens will have insurance?

CBJ7, when is it projected under Obamacare that all citizens will have insurance?

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Based on CBO estimates, I'm guessing all citizens will have health insurance on the very next 31st of February.
  • CJ7
  • 05-12-2014, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

ask Jackie, I quoted him

The ACA, aka Obamacare, now states that everyone will have health insurance. Period. Originally Posted by Jackie S
CBJ7, when is it projected under Obamacare that all citizens will have insurance? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
ask Jackie, I quoted him Originally Posted by CJ7
Hanoi COG needs to learn to pay attention. If he had the capacity to do so, he wouldn't ask so many stupid questions.

So far, no answer.

Why??

As of now, it is business as usual, at the tax payers expense. Originally Posted by Jackie S
You don't understand the ACA law. The ACA is two parts, the exchanges and the expanded state Medicaid. If you are a family of 4 and make less than $24,000 you do not qualify for an Obamacare policy. You must apply for your state Medicaid. Not all states excepted the expanded state Medicaid (which is you qualify if you are family of 4 and make less than $24,000). Texas did not except the expanded state Medicaid, a family of 4 must make a lot less than $24,000 to qualify. Therefore, some citizens will remain uninsured in the state of Texas. For the states that accepted the expanded Medicaid, like Kentucky and Arkansas, then yes, all citizens could be insured. The illegal immigrants don't qualify for Obamacare or State Medicaid in any state. Over time the CBO predicts that 93% of all citizens under age 65 will be insured by the year 2017.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...0Estimates.pdf
You don't understand the ACA law. The ACA is two parts, the exchanges and the expanded state Medicaid. If you are a family of 4 and make less than $24,000 you do not qualify for an Obamacare policy. You must apply for your state Medicaid. Not all states excepted the expanded state Medicaid (which is you qualify if you are family of 4 and make less than $24,000). Texas did not except the expanded state Medicaid, a family of 4 must make a lot less than $24,000 to qualify. Therefore, some citizens will remain uninsured in the state of Texas. For the states that accepted the expanded Medicaid, like Kentucky and Arkansas, then yes, all citizens could be insured. The illegal immigrants don't qualify for Obamacare or State Medicaid in any state. Over time the CBO predicts that 93% of all citizens under age 65 will be insured by the year 2017.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...0Estimates.pdf Originally Posted by flghtr65
And who pays for the expanded Medicare? All of us who are working, especially those of us who are over 65 and have to pay the added Medicare Premium because we choose to continue to work rather than "retire".

So in the mean time, all of us who do not qualify for some type of hand out from the Government get to pay higher premiums because of The ACA, higher MedicarenContributions, and a a County tax that takes care of a Hospitol District that according to President Obama, we should not even need any more.

Do you get the picture?
Only the naive would expect that there would be any truth in the claims of this administration.
One other thing.
When the ACA finally gets health insurance coverage for everybody, will we be able to shut down the Veterans Hospitols. The free healthcare afforded to Veterans at the tax payer's expense should now be covered by insurance coverage under ObamaCare under what ever plan Veterans would fall.

As a Veteran, do I even come under the ACA, since as a Purple Heart recipient, I can get just about anything for free, although I have never even set foot on a Veterans facility for anything outside of my first VA loan to by my first house.
  • CJ7
  • 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
One other thing.
When the ACA finally gets health insurance coverage for everybody, will we be able to shut down the Veterans Hospitols. The free healthcare afforded to Veterans at the tax payer's expense should now be covered by insurance coverage under ObamaCare under what ever plan Veterans would fall.

As a Veteran, do I even come under the ACA, since as a Purple Heart recipient, I can get just about anything for free, although I have never even set foot on a Veterans facility for anything outside of my first VA loan to by my first house. Originally Posted by Jackie S

As a Veteran, do I even come under the ACA

No