Otyranny

Rotten to the core...

May 16, 2014
Government ethics attorneys say Obama's IG system is broken
Rick Moran

AT News Director Ed Lasky has chronicled the shameful problems with Obama administration inspector generals for years, including the political pressures put on IG's in almost every department of the administration.

A perfect illustration of this is former DHS IG Charles Edwards, who deliberately slowed investigations into wrongdoing at DHS, including the shredding of dozens of emails - an act that might send him to jail for obstruction of justice.

Washington Examiner:

The Senate subcommittee began its investigation into Edwards last year when it started looking into complaints that his investigation into the U.S. Secret Service's hiring of prostitutes during a presidential advance trip in Cartagena, Colombia, was tainted.

The subcommittee uncovered numerous allegations against Edwards — some that pertained to his Secret Service probe and many others that were completely unrelated.

The panel found strong evidence that Edwards was altering and delaying investigations and reports to please political appointees at DHS who were in a position to influence President Obama to permanently elevate him to the top post. At the time, Edwards was serving as the acting inspector general.

According to the Senate report, Edwards put three of his staff on administrative leave after they balked when he directed them to delete parts of the office's investigation into Secret Service misconduct in Colombia -- evidence that would have cast the Secret Service in a more negative light, as well as implicate a White House staffer.

A senior DHS inspector general office aide also said that Edwards ordered alterations to a March 2012 report looking into complaints that senior DHS officials intentionally misled Congress and the public about an Immigration and Customs Enforcement program called Secure Communities aimed at identifying illegal immigrants.

Throughout the Senate investigation last year, Edwards was allowed to remain as acting DHS inspector general. It was only when the Senate Homeland Security committee was set to hold a hearing on the Edwards matter in December that DHS transferred him to another division with the agency.

Beyond politicized IG's, there is also the matter of Obama's failure to name and get confirmed permanent Inspector Generals. Nine major departments. including State, do not have permanent IG's. There is also the war on inspector generals that the administration continues to wage.

The case of Gerald Walpin, IG for Americorps, is instructive:

At the time, ABC News reported that a “source familiar with the president’s thinking” said that Mr. Obama wanted to replace Mr. Walpin with “someone who could effectively provide the kind of independent oversight that the president values.” The best way to assure “independent oversight” is to remind all inspectors general that they will be axed if they embarrass the White House. A joint House-Senate investigation concluded that firing Mr. Walpin “undermines the Inspectors General Act.”

In the same month Mr. Walpin was fired, the administration unsuccessfully sought to obliterate the independence of the special inspector general for TARP, Neil Barofsky. Some IGs who have not been fired have instead come under withering pressure. Russell George, the IG who exposed the IRS’ targeting of conservative nonprofit groups, has been hammered by Mr. Obama’s congressional allies for almost a year. The special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, John Sopko, has been harshly criticized by bureaucrats and political appointees for his forthright reports on Afghan debacles.

Experts in government ethics are alarmed at the lack of indpendent oversight by IG's:
Cheri Cannon, a partner at Tully Rinckey, a Washington, D.C., federal employment law firm who has worked with government ethics issues as a former senior Air Force executive civilian personnel lawyer, said the Integrity Committee should have referred the complaint that Edwards deleted months of emails related to a DOJ investigation, to DOJ's Public Integrity section.

“This referral should have been done, but it's not clear that it was done,” she said.

The lack of accountability demonstrated in Edwards' case is extremely troubling, she said.

As the top acting watchdog for DHS, “Edwards is a senior executive who is held to a higher standard than General Schedule employees, and his integrity and ethics should be beyond reproach,” she said.

“To simply reassign Edwards to another [career government] job, without proposing disciplinary action — a suspension or removal from federal service — for documented and substantiated federal ethics violations, is not what the American public deserves,” she said.

The allegations leveled against Edwards in the Senate report have given watchdog groups new evidence for their concern about President Obama's failure to fill inspector-general vacancies. Edwards was serving as an acting inspector general for three years because Obama did not nominate someone for the top Senate-confirmed position.

After more than 5 years, it's clear that the president prefers a certain kind of IG - pliant, and understanding of the administration's political necessities. You wonder what other investigations have been squealched or otherwise hampered by politicized inspector generals.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...is_broken.html
Tyranny? Really?

SNICK!
Tyranny? Really?

SNICK! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yea, Shit Eater... Tyranny. You did not know how to spell it. From now on it should be spelled Otyranny... LOL
snOrt!
Tyranny? Really?

SNICK! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yes Tyranny. It can happen even in America, we are not exempt from it. I was born in a free and open society and so were you. I won't settle for anything less.

Jim
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose...LOL
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...sdv4lRHIM8j.99
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...sdv4lRHIM8j.99 Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
That's why terrorism is such a big word now,

Jim
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3157889/posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjJoH7a4GX0

Economic Despotism - Working When Congress Won't Act
White House Weekly Address ^ | May 17th | Whitehouse.gov
Posted on 5/19/2014 6:17:51 PM by ProgressingAmerica

This is tyranny. We have reached the point to where Obama now openly states that he is a despot, a dictator.

King Barry I says:

"Where Congress won't act, I will" (0:33)

"I'll keep doing what I can on my own" (3:27)

"All of them can be done without Congress" (4:02)

"In the meantime I'll do whatever I can" (4:10)

That's four times in four minutes, that Obama openly put his tyrannical beliefs on display as well as intent to commit more unilateral imperial activity. At the Constitutional Convention, June 1st, 1787, Roger Sherman said the following:

"I favor appointment by the Legislature, and for making him absolutely dependent on that body, as it is the will of that which was to be executed. An independence of the Executive on the supreme Legislature, is in my opinion, the very essence of tyranny, if there was any such thing."

You know who was independent of the legislature? King George III.

Now, who else is independent of the legislature? King Barry the first. Just watch the video, he will tell you. Four times.

It matters not what he wants to do nor why. An executive not bound by any checks or balances is a modern Monarch.
You forgot to mention that King Barry promised that he would field a well armed, civilian defense force that equal of the US military. Now we have the Department of Agriculture looking to buy submachine guns for what? I don't know.
You forgot to mention that King Barry promised that he would field a well armed, civilian defense force that equal of the US military. Now we have the Department of Agriculture looking to buy submachine guns for what? I don't know. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The BLM didn't arbitrarily shoot enough of Bundy's cattle the first time around.
You forgot to mention that King Barry promised that he would field a well armed, civilian defense force that equal of the US military. Now we have the Department of Agriculture looking to buy submachine guns for what? I don't know. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

How come it is the right wing that has crowned him King or Messiah ?
The BLM didn't arbitrarily shoot enough of Bundy's cattle the first time around. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
snort
The BLM didn't arbitrarily shoot enough of Bundy's cattle the first time around. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
True they should have shot 10 a day till he removed them.
snort Originally Posted by bigtex
You must have been snorting a laxative, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, you've been dribbling all over the forum this morning!