RULES - SMULES...DEMOCRATS WILL DO ANYTHING TO STEAL AN ELECTION....

This time with the help of a Democratic appointed Federal Judge who ordered that John Conyers be put on the ballot - overruling the Michigan State Secretary who determined Conyers wasn't eligible. Conyers nominating petitions were not kosher !

Judge Mathew Litman was appointed by Obama......enough said !

For those who aren't up to speed:

Conyer's petition signatures gathered by at least five circulators were invalid "because they were either not registered to vote, not registered to vote while the petitions were being circulated or had addresses on the petitions that didn't match their voter registrations,"
This time with the help of a Democratic appointed Federal Judge who ordered that John Conyers be put on the ballot - overruling the Michigan State Secretary who determined Conyers wasn't eligible. Conyers nominating petitions were not kosher !

Judge Mathew Litman was appointed by Obama......enough said !

For those who aren't up to speed:

Conyer's petition signatures gathered by at least five circulators were invalid "because they were either not registered to vote, not registered to vote while the petitions were being circulated or had addresses on the petitions that didn't match their voter registrations," Originally Posted by Whirlaway
What's important is who they are voting for - that determines whether or not a voter is eligible.
Conyers is 85 years old and has become an embarrassment. After decades in the HOR and he doesn't have the apparatus to get the needed signatures?

He needs to go...and take Shameless Jackass Lee with him.
Michigan has joined New Jersey as a banana republic. A judge violated the state constitution a few years ago when their candidate for senator dropped out 28 days before the election. Seems there was some kind of indictment. Anyway their constitution clearly states that any ballot changes can only be made at least 30 days before an election. They were stuck with a guy who had resigned and was going to jail until they came up with the idea of running a retread but how to get him on the ballot........low and behold, a Clinton appointed judge said that he didn't care about the constitution of NJ and put him on the ballot. Of course, all the military ballots had already gone out and those service people would not get a chance to vote in the election but HEY! Winning is the thing and not the law. Banana Republic
Michigan has joined New Jersey as a banana republic. A judge violated the state constitution a few years ago when their candidate for senator dropped out 28 days before the election. Seems there was some kind of indictment. Anyway their constitution clearly states that any ballot changes can only be made at least 30 days before an election. They were stuck with a guy who had resigned and was going to jail until they came up with the idea of running a retread but how to get him on the ballot........low and behold, a Clinton appointed judge said that he didn't care about the constitution of NJ and put him on the ballot. Of course, all the military ballots had already gone out and those service people would not get a chance to vote in the election but HEY! Winning is the thing and not the law. Banana Republic Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The theft of our military vote is a subject that will get my blood boiling!
John has done a great job for Detroit. Just look at his results...

Judge puts Rep. John Conyers back on the ballot in Michigan

BY SEAN SULLIVAN
May 23 at 6:01 pm

A federal judge on Friday ordered that Rep. John Conyers be put back on the ballot after elections officials had struck him from it, the latest twist in a saga that jeopardized the political future of the Democrat who has served nearly 50 years in Congress.

U.S. District Court Judge Matthew Leitman issued an injunction ordering Conyers back on the ballot just hours after state elections officials upheld an earlier ruling that had kept him off for failing to secure enough valid petition signatures. At issue was the question of whether a law requiring signature gatherers to be registered voters is constitutional.

Leitman said he was not issuing an opinion on that question Friday. But because the plaintiffs challenging the law "have shown a substantial likelihood of success" and "because time is of the essence," he said he opted to order that Conyers be put back on the ballot.

Leitman's order came the same day the Michigan secretary of state's office upheld a decision handed down May 13 by Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett. Garrett's office said Conyers submitted far fewer than the 1,000 valid signatures required to appear on the ballot. Leitman's decision puts him beyond the threshold.

Hundreds of signatures the Conyers campaign had gathered for the Aug. 5 primary had been ruled invalid by the county clerk and secretary of state after a challenge by the Rev. Horace Sheffield, Conyers's primary opponent, on the grounds they were not collected by registered voters. Hundreds more signatures were separately rejected.

In a brief interview with the Washington Post Friday, Conyers's attorney John Pirich said he expected Conyers to campaign as he normally would. "We all look forward to Congressman Conyers being victorious in August and again in November," said Pirich.

The state could appeal the ruling. But the office of Attorney General Bill Schuette (R) said Friday afternoon that no decisions had been made yet. "We are reviewing the ruling in consultation with the secretary of state," said Joy Yearout, a spokeswoman for Schuette.

First elected in 1964, Conyers is the current second-longest-serving member of the House behind fellow Michigan Rep. John Dingell (D), who is retiring this year. Conyers represents a district that includes parts of Detroit and its surrounding suburbs.
Conyers is 85 years old and has become an embarrassment. After decades in the HOR and he doesn't have the apparatus to get the needed signatures?

He needs to go...and take Shameless Jackass Lee with him. Originally Posted by gnadfly
+1
The theft of our military vote is a subject that will get my blood boiling! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
+1
  • WTF
  • 05-26-2014, 05:14 AM

Judge Mathew Litman was appointed by Obama......enough ," Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Seems the righties had no problems with a federal court overruling a state cout in 2000 with Gore v Bush!
You don't seem to comprehend the difference; one was an intervention by the courts to protect the integrity of an election (the Bush Vs Gore decision).

The Conyers case is just a single judge putting an individual on the ballot just because he was an incumbent democrat !

Even the Conyers people admit they didn't comply with the law !

Read the opinion of Judge Leitman; he clearly states Conyer's "failed to comply with the Michigan registration statute" !!!!!!!!

Seems the righties had no problems with a federal court overruling a state cout in 2000 with Gore v Bush! Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 05-26-2014, 08:46 AM
You don't seem to comprehend the difference; one was an intervention by the courts to protect the integrity of an election (the Bush Vs Gore decision).

!!!!!! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
rotflmao....yea right, sure it was. I'm not sure if you are being serious or pulling my leg.
I love how you state righters get twisted in a knot on that one.
You don't seem to comprehend the difference; one was an intervention by the courts to protect the integrity of an election (the Bush Vs Gore decision). Originally Posted by Whirlaway
"Protect the integrity of an election (the Bush Vs Gore decision)"

That's good for a laugh!

Had they preserved the integrity of the 2000 election, Shrub would have never been elected. There would have been no war in Iraq, no economic meltdown in 2008 and Hillary might soon be running on the tailwind of 3 consecutive successful Democratic Administrations.
Did you even read the judge's decision?

rotflmao....yea right, sure it was. I'm not sure if you are being serious or pulling my leg.
I love how you state righters get twisted in a knot on that one. Originally Posted by WTF
So you support a judge putting an individual on a ballot even though that individual didn't meet the state requirements to be on that ballot ?
"Protect the integrity of an election (the Bush Vs Gore decision)"

That's good for a laugh!

Had they preserved the integrity of the 2000 election, Shrub would have never been elected. There would have been no war in Iraq, no economic meltdown in 2008 and Hillary might soon be running on the tailwind of 3 consecutive successful Democratic Administrations. Originally Posted by bigtex
Okay, lets play "what if" with Big Tampon. Its a bright day on September 11th, 2001 and President Al Gore has just finished shaving in the White House. Got a long day ahead of him, Gore has to get to Air Farce One. He is going to fly to California to encourage that they enact more global warming regs. He is worried because the slight economic downtown that started in the last year of the Clinton White House has not turned around yet. That idiot Bill called him again and said that he should announce a tax cut and his cunt of a wife still wants to be nominated to the Supreme Court. Fuck Hillary and fuck Bill! No, the tax increase was just want the country needed and eventually those bastards will start creating jobs like they're supposed to.

Yep, today is going to be a take it easy kind of day. Wheels up at noon (not early in the morning like that idiot governor from Texas), landing in California at 6 PM, meet with donors after dinner about 9 PM, maybe catch a massage before bed (have to see if Manuel is available out in Hollywood). Gore had just finished shaving when an aid and several secret service men rushed into the family wing of the White House.
WE ARE LEAVING MR. PRESIDENT!
They grabbed him while still in his pjs and rushed him down the hall.
WHAT IS THE SAM HILL IS GOING ON?
Once on the elevator that Gore recognized to him to the lower levels of the White House an agent explained that a second plane had just struck the World Trade Center.
PG: You mean the one in New York City?
A1: Aaaaa, yes sir, that one.
PG: So what is happening?
A1: We think the country is under attack and we have to get you to the bunker.
PG: Where is that idiot Edwards?
A2: Sir, your wife is on the way down on the next trip.
PG: Whatever...
A1: Sir, the country needs you right now.
PG: What am I supposed to do about it? Sounds like a New York problem. Let Guilani deal with it.
Elevator opens and several uniformed officers are waiting in the hallway.
PG: Fuck! You guys are here before me.
Uniformed Officer 1: Sir, we need orders.
PG: Do what you got to do and don't bother me, I have to get dressed.
UO1: We think that there may be more planes in the air. We need authorization to interrogate suspicious aircraft and if necessary shoot them down if they will not comply with orders to land.
PG: Did I just hear that you want to shoot down planes, American planes?
UO1: Yessir...
PG: Fuck that! We are not shooting down anything. Find out who is behind this and what we did to piss them off. I am not going to start a war over a building. I want to talk with their leader. No one is going to say that President Gore jumped into a war the first year he was in office. Bill ignored this shit and look how popular he was. No, we're not shooting down anything.

The terrorists in Afghanistan were never brought to justice as the president was afraid that if we went to that country it would come out about Clinton's involvement wth the decision to put him there. Subsequent, unprovoked, terrorist attacks from an emboldened Al Quaida did seriously damage an American air craft carrier in the Straits of Hormuz and the loss of a destroyer. Gore did go to Congress and request authorization for military strikes in Iran in early 2003. The congress gave their tepid approval which resulted in a six month military build up that was required after that slashing of the military budget in years previous. Nothing more than a few naval strikes happened before President Putin of Russia intervened and warned Gore off. President Gore lost the 2004 election in a landslide to Dick Cheney after a primary challenge by Dennis Kucinich.