Solicitation After a Reivew

I had a date with a very low key gentlemen the other night and we got on the subject of his lack of writing reviews! Of course when screening a gentleman, I always look for any posts or reviews that he may have written to get a feel of who he is! He said he used to write reviews until one day he received an unwanted solicited phone call from an acquaintance of the lady that he wrote a review on! He said it happened numerous times, so he quit writing reviews! My question to all.........has this happened to you?
Many of us have had some backlash over writing a review. 9 times out of 10, we just let it roll off our back. reviews should be written for the guys, IMO. If the provider benefits - GREAT!. But there are gals who have history of placing alerts on guys to counteract a bad review.

Many of us rarely write a review anymore for various reasons. If it is a new gal that has little to no info out there, I may opt to write one. If I have an experience that differs from the norm of what I read about a gal, I may choose to write one. But if my experience mirrors 50 other reviews, what is the point?

Additionally, some guys choose to write very little because they are high profile posters or are on staff. The jealous weirdos sometimes stalk these guys and make wild assumptions based on information gleaned from reviews. Write too much about one gal or a agency and you get accused of having a financial interest in or taking perks. Some guys are crazy and add unnecessary grief to what should be good clean illicit "fun".

Then there are noobs afraid to write reviews for fear of getting flamed. Hopefully the members here will be more "helpful" than "hurtful" than they were on ASPD at times. But then again, that was part of the process. If you wanted in the fraternity, you had to earn your stripes.

Ladies, if you need a review, ask for one. If the guy declines, please respect it. Frankly, I think lurkers are far smarter than those of us who are more social in this community. It just illustrates how stupid I am.
  • OFF
  • 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
I had backlash (not on this Board yet) for just commenting on a review.

OFF :-(
I wondered about providers having a bad experience with someone that have seen and if they had a place to write reviews about them.

I've read a couple of reviews that had comments regarding someone putting on weight or something along those lines and couldn't help but think that it more than likely stung for that certain provider to read that...

Personally I wouldn't write anything like that and if I got backlash from a review I wrote... Fu! cum get it!! But then again my review would more than likely make a provider blush
There will always be WK's and boyfriends of providers (not all, of course) that get pissed because they are dillusional enough to think that they did a good job when in fact they did not.
A while back I had both solicitation and backlash after posting reviews on a couple of different boards. Ranging from nuisance "Hey if you liked her, you'll love me" to attacks over leaked BCD info, to jealous "Why didn't you call me if you were in town, I thought you said we had a great time" After a few of those, I just decided to draw the line in the sand and say it's not worth the headaches and stopped posting reviews. I would gladly pay the fees for premiums access rather than deal with the drama and hassles. I know some people would cal me a leach because of it, and they have a right to their opinion, but that was my decision and I'm sticking with it as long as I have the option.
Whats the benefit of having 'premium access' ?
I've had a few times when my review brought comments from the provider or someone else.
I learned that certain things should not be mnetioned at all in reviews and stick to facts that matter.
Since then ,no problems.I won't be stopping doing reviews because someone complians.
As to the specific question -- solicitation from one lady as a result of reviewing a different lady -- maybe a few times. But since very few have the number for my "real life" phone, and the P4P phone is turned off or locked away, any solicitations are probably going to be PM or email. Neither poses a security/discretion risk and I can safely ignore them (or respond in a non-committal way) if not interested.

That dude's problem was not that he wrote a review -- it's that he shared a phone number with someone who didn't know better than passing it along. Or the caller was completely clueless about how to approach someone without offending.
I recieved an email from a former provider introducing a new provider. Although I wasn't disturbed by this move I was surprised she still had my contact information even after 2 years of not being in the business. I did comment on this a while back on another board and I was immediately hounded by all sorts of guys that were currious if she was still around. I did not mind providing the information that was given to me but it begs the question "Why me?" The majority of these gentlemen had seen this provider before but has had no contact with her at all. I'm not a high volume hobbiest by far so I'm not sure why I would be solicited for a session and review. I thought to myself why not PearlMan, Sarge, SP Hunter, St. Christopher, or omaha2dallas. I find these gentlemen to be very accurate with their reviews and can pretty much take their recommendation as sworn testimony. Not to mention I don't write many reviews either... as CPI wrote earlier only if they are new and or don't have many reviews on the board and there was a good connection during the session.

All I can comment on is it was unsettling that this former provider out of the business for a considerable amount of time still had my contact information. If anyone wants my opinion on this matter all I can say is I've seen a number of providers over the years. I do consider a few to be unforgettable.

1. Shea - her reputation precedes her and in my mind one of the most amazing women you'll ever meet.

2. Simone Weston - although she is currently out of the hobby world, she may be back for she was searching for an exclusive ongoing NSA relationship

3. Layla Lawrence of PC - she was a surprising WoW moment for me.
Minimal problems to date. Looks like eccie a bit more friendly then aspd for the newbie reviewer. Somehow managed to avoid or shrug off flames for my early reviews over there.

Will ask if you want a review and then will actually do it. Glad to help a lady especially if the session was good and a little visibility for the gent never hurts either. Helps her get to know me, which usually corresponds to a better get together.
Not on Eccie but I have no reviews here. On ASPD, I was frequently contacted out of the blue by providors. I even had one close to stalking via PM. I just ignored it and continued on. I suspect that the economy has a lot of girls looking for new ways to get business. I will suggest outright that giving discounts for a review is OK, but with me the review will be totally honest regardless of any concession.

and Lana, you are a goddess!
I have gotten some solicitation since I started writing reviews. I don't mind pms or emails.

Some girl has been calling for the last few weeks leaving messages on my hobby phone. Not sure how she got the number, but in case she is reading this, I am still not interested.
I have received the occasional email or PM from providers and I don't necessarily mind that contact. I have never received an unsolicited phone call, that would piss me off, even if it is my hobby phone.
I have had a Provider bring up in conversation about a review I had just done on someone else. Kinda pointing out that I had not seen her, but had managed to see another Provider.

I still do reviews, seems like all of the Providers I see want me to do them. I am quite selective in who I see, so my reviews are almost always very positive because I have been cautious in my choices to maximize my Hobby fun.

I have actually had a couple of well known Providers NCNS me or cancel very last minute, but choose to move on and see someone else instead of writing a NCNS review. It's their loss, because the girls I see regularly just get a last minute call as my back up. And I do not bother to call the NCNS or cancellation Provider ever again. So they not only lose my business, but also miss out on a review.

I do feel reluctant to write a bad review, concerned about the possible drama and backlash from the Provider. But, again, I am very picky, so I try my very best to avoid the bad review situations.