WTF is Up with The Ads?

Like a lot of hardlegs, I don't really post that much but come here to check out the ads and specials as much as anything.

Disclaimer: Don't feel this applies to all ads.

When I read the ads, I really want to know only a few things. Some general idea of what you look like (I understand about full face pics); what your general availability is; how you like to be contacted; and YOUR RATES!! Links to reviews are a nice bonus.

Why is this so fucking difficult? Every week, I read through scads of ad postings where 85% of the content is how wonderful the provider is, how great her tits are, how open-minded she is, what a fun time she is.....

And yet, 1) she's traveling and it isn't clear when she will be here and when she will be seeing clients; 2) No links to pictures or contact information; 3) No listing of her rates (often "specials" are referenced but I can't tell what they are).

And fuck all the special characters, you don't need to get our attention. There's probably only 20-30 ads we haven't seen and half of those are providers we know already. Those kinds of ads also make you look pimped out. Some legs care about that. Others don't.

It's almost enough for me to want Eccie to force a format on the ads (like P411 does), and like Eccie does for reviews. God forbid we shit on anyone's creativity.

Let me get to the very bottom line. If you don't put your rates in your ad, I and others will not bother. I don't have time to scour the internet to figure out what you charge.

And, yes, I know there are about 15 providers reading this right now, nodding their heads and saying "no shit".

All thoughts on this subject are welcome.
  • 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I had a similar plaint about location. I'll note that your proposed solution is a damn sight more intelligent than mine; generalized, powerful, practicable.
This isn't jack in the fukn box !
any ad that has %%%%%%%%%%%%%%% you WIl lUv mE************777777777777777& &&&&&&&&&&&

I run from
When I read the ads, I really want to know only a few things. Some general idea of what you look like (I understand about full face pics); what your general availability is; how you like to be contacted; and YOUR RATES!! Links to reviews are a nice bonus.
All thoughts on this subject are welcome. Originally Posted by FloridaShark
Hey Shark--
While I will not pretend that I do a stellar, or even adequate, job of utilizing the ad opportunities on this site, I will offer my thoughts.

Unlike other sites I use, once an ad is posted here it remains forever. No editing, updating, deleting, etc. Some providers essentially hold "office hours" and posting this info weekly works for them. Others, like me, have more variable and flexible hours. Being allowed to post one ad per week in the regular section plus one in the weekend section is nice, but there is no way to let prospective clients know that we are available now. And because rates can change over time--up or down or specials, etc--posting them in the ads has been known to cause confusion. And it takes away all flexibility in the current week.

So to circumvent this I have provided links to the Showcase. The Showcase is quite similar to the P411 profiles/ads you mentioned. There is a template for the providers to complete, pictures, and an area where we can post whatever information we want to. And we can update this information as often as we'd like.

Perhaps this is still not acceptable to you--no worries. But it doesn't require searching all over the internet. Just one little click to another page on this very site.

~~Casey
I'll echo 78704 on putting area of town where you are. For me and other lunchtime players it sure helps. For me the Arboretum area works, South and Downtown does not. So, I usually disregard those and one's that don't say.
Casey,

I followed the link to your showcase and it provides all the information required. I have no problem with that, or if a girl wants to provide a link to her web site for rates. The caveat is that the ad should be short and to the point (as yours is). I don't want to scroll down twice through an avalanche of irrelevant content only to find I now have to go elsewhere for rate info.

My other problem lies more with providers who offer "specials" as some sort of marketing gimmick to get me to contact them first. Tell me the special, and add something like "this week only".

Thanks for your insight.
  • Vyt
  • 10-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I do have to give TaylorMaiden29 credit for having the most honest ad title I've seen in some time.
I do have to give TaylorMaiden29 credit for having the most honest ad title I've seen in some time. Originally Posted by Vyt
very true, but we all know the few days before the 1st and after a flurry of Provider 'Specials' always pop up
Amen, Shark. Seems like simple basic TCB skills, but for some gals maybe this is a revelation. Casey, A very good point. Links are fine. Many showcases though don't have much useful info in them. A note with the link pointing out rates and availability will guarantee the desired info can be found easily. You may already do that. Still doesn't hurt to point it out. Eraserman
any ad that has %%%%%%%%%%%%%%% you WIl lUv mE************777777777777777& &&&&&&&&&&&

I run from Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
OH thank you for that!!! I wondered who that appeals to?

I have always tried to put rates in the ad because I don't want to answer that question on the phone or in person, I always say, check the ad. So where ever the ad is, it must have a rate.

I can't do the dirty talk, OH PLEASE CUM SEE ME, but I see the views and it does work for getting the views. More views = more appts usually.

you can't imagine how hard it is to be your own advertising firm & come up with cute stuff each week. If it is just rates, times, days will you come back and read it?
Quote from FLORIDA SHARK:
Let me get to the very bottom line. If you don't put your rates in your ad, I and others will not bother. I don't have time to scour the internet to figure out what you charge.

Ditto. Damon agrees on all points.
Providers, consider adding some info to your sig line. You can also change that info as necessary.

1. When placing an ad please include one of the following:
a. A few pictures.
b. A link to your web site or showcase.
c. A brief description. “Petite blonde, 5’-0”, 108 lbs, 34-22-35”

2. An acceptable time to call. If you put in your ad 24-7 then don’t be pissed if I call at 7:00 in the morning. If you don’t want to be bothered when you go to bed turn your phone off or place on silent. I am an early morning person but I am always reluctant to call to early. If you don’t want to be called before 9:00AM or after 10:00PM please say so.

3. Have your phone ringer be just that, a ringer. It seems more providers are using some awful music as their ringer. Even if it is a song I like the quality of the phone speakers makes it painful to listen to 30 seconds of static. If it is some ghetto sounding rap shit I hang up. I have heard some music playing and I could hear they provider talking in the back ground. Not good.

Sloan's ad covers all the bases: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=114096
I agree with everything above.

Tell me when (and if) I can call, when you are available, how much for your time, and what area of town you are in!

Casey - good points. Your showcase covers the bases!
Let me get to the very bottom line. If you don't put your rates in your ad, I and others will not bother. I don't have time to scour the internet to figure out what you charge. Originally Posted by FloridaShark

I hope the ladies actually read this.

Good stuff guys.