Giving thanks to our hobby friends... How do you do it?

Holy hell! It's November already?!

My favorite holiday... Thanksgiving... is just around the corner. Thanksgiving is special to me not only because of the fact that I'm able to cook massive quantities of food for days in a row, and not be labeled "crazy," but also because it's one of the few times a year that my entire family makes an effort to spend time together, and my friends and I go out of our way to make sure we show appreciation for each other. And then there's the football. And the leftovers. And the Black Friday shopping. Yeah... Thanksgiving rocks.

But in the past few years, I've focused so much on food, friends, family and football that I've forgotten to say "thank you" to the many people that take care of me in the hobby. These people show support, give encouragement, offer a shoulder to lean on, and help ensure that I'm financially stable, not just in November, but throughout the year.

So, this year, I'm planning on doing something special for my hobbyist friends, and something special for my provider friends. I have some ideas in mind, but I'm curious...

Hobbyists - What are some ways you would like to be shown that your favorite providers appreciate you? How do you thank your favorite providers for their company and services?

Providers - When you show appreciation, what do you like to offer? What would you prefer to receive as a gift of thanks?

Discuss...
if you are a hobbyists fav provider...that means you already do most things, if not everything they already look for....so that being said the hobbyiest would probably like more time. the provider would probably want more money, aka larger tips so they can do what they like with the $. putting the two together, they cancle out. other gifts would probably be somthing the hobbyist already knows the provider likes because it came up in discussion...or they have it listed in their showcase
Intriguing question. One that requires much careful thought and consideration. On the surface, however, maybe just saying the words that we so often overlook in the course of our busy lives and daily struggles would be consdered special by some. Words like "Thank You", "I appreciate you", "I treasure our special friendship","You made my day special","I really appreciate this or that about you" etc.

Certainly extra time and gifts are appreciated, but without the meaningful heartfelt expressions of our appreciations, do we maybe miss the real intentions of the person that is doing the giving? Sometimes we are not too smart (especially us guys) and directions are necessary for us to solve the puzzle!!!

I, for one, am truly appreciative for the people here whose lives have crossed mine through this crazy thing that we all affecionately refer to as the hobby!!

Spacemtn
Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator
The one thing I wonder about that is slightly off topic but would like to know is...do you guys wait for your provider to think up fun things to do bcd or do you ask her to do the fun things? I would like to show my appreciation by acting out fantasies and or adding more time. I used to be so business orientated and closed off when I started providing and now I like going to socials or having a drink or two with my hobby friends sometimes. Its nice, we are all in this together. *Cheezy* I know but true. Natalie, Thanksgiving is my favorite too!
My favorites know that they are appreciated and likewise, I/they.

Our appreciation for the other/their efforts isn't shown in the form of an item, a thing, or whatever. Rather, it's a continual and ongoing gift expressed in the form of a friendship.

That said though, I'd really like it if one of my favorites cooked me a chicken pot pie...

first, just a jab at natalie. hey i was told that God made women to have babies so they are allowed to be crazy lol.

as a male, i prefer to give than be given, i prefer to listen than to speak, and i prefer to lavish my preferred lady with gifts, and all i really expect in return is a big thank you. hearing the words "thanks" or "i really appreciate it" does it for me. of course it never hurts when it is followed by a big wet kiss. some of you thought i was going somewhere else with that.
How about I just show you.....