Returning Emails?

Guess you can say that this is going to be a little bit of a rant, but I would be most interested in hearing from the ladies on this point.

I am somewhat new to this, and I am trying to figure out why emails go unanswered. Over the last couple of weeks, I have sent emails to what would be considered, well established ladies here, and have gotten no response from a number of them (not all).

Here's my question, if this is your chosen profession, and you state that your preferred method of contact is email, PM, either here or P411, why would you choose not to answer an inquiry?

I am in am in a business that receives multiple email requests every day, and even if I can't help them, I always send a reply.

Let me say, when I send an email, it is always respectful, I never discuss fees or levels of service, hell, I can get all of that info here, and I always include screening info.

Now, I'm sure that many of you receive many emails each day, and it can be difficult to keep up, but I would think that a simple reply is not too much to ask.

Am I wrong here?
I am sorry to hear that, me personally I reply back pretty fast IF i am around my computer, which normally it's glued to me unless im "busy". Maybe they are on tour or booked so much they dont have time, maybe they dont like something you posted, or someone you seen, hell there sooo many reason. Again sorry this happened to you.
You are not wrong...Sorry this happened...

I do my best to answer as fast as possilble sometimes I miss one it happens but as soon as I realize I didnt answer I send a quick note saying I am sorry and I understand if they no longer have any interest,,,,,

[quote=eglrdr;717756]
Let me say, when I send an email, it is always respectful, I never discuss fees or levels of service, hell, I can get all of that info here, and I always include screening info.[\quote]

I wish I got more PMs and emails that way ..Speeds things up greatly
I to am sorry to hear that. I try to also answer emails and pm's as soon as possible. I think roxanne is right with what she said above... sometimes the ladies can be busy with personal things and families. There are many great ladies out there... happy hunting!
  • tron
  • 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I never assume I will get a reply.

If I am looking for a same-day appointment, I do assume that if I send an email request to a provider and they are either not working or their dance card is full, it is likely that I will not get a reply. (I do appreciate replies when I get them though, even if it is to say they are not available.)

If I am trying to schedule something further in advance and it is someone I have seen before, I expect to get a reply about 75% of the time.

If you are getting a very low response rate, you may need to change what you are putting in the email or P411 message.
  • Carl
  • 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I used to have the same problem until I started reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. You'd be surprised at how much influence they have.
Am I wrong here? Originally Posted by eglrdr
Nope. Unless it is stupid or disrespectful, you deserve a reply.
Okay Carl, you got me. That was funny.
I'm sorry you had that experience. Maybe you should try finding girls who are known for their good TCB!
I always answer emails and p411 requests. Not so much PMs via eccie since 80% of the time the appts don't pan out and they are ncns... but that's another story.
But yea! Just go for the more responsible gals! We are more fun and reliable anyway!
Yes - good 1 again Carl.

Good post eglrdr.

Please forgive me if I'm putting words in your mouth, but I think the OP is really making a point here, and bringing to light that some of the providers could do well & pay more attention to responding to correspondences in a timely manner.

Some ladies are very good about that. But most, in my experience, take 3+ days to return the communication (where she chose the method that is most convenient for her) in a timely manner, if ever at all.

Though we may call it a fact of life, part of the hobby, or what not ... I think the OP was brining the shortcoming to light and attempting to make everyone aware that it is for many providers, but does not have to be.

But I have my own theory as to why this is so:

Many (younger ?) providers don't view this as a "career", but enjoy that they are able to have a fun part time "job", and still enjoy the full time benefits. They (perhaps ?) know that the demand is there and they'll be able to book what they want next time they feel like playing. Therefore, I figure, there is little motivation to be returning correspondences on their days off.

But thank goodness there a fair many are exceptions.

THANK YOU LADIES (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) !!!
The only time I don't answer emails is if I am away on vacation or due to something UNexpected. But maybe in some girls case they don't have constant access to a computer... sorry ur emails have gone in answered. I can understand ur frustration.
If the provider has a contact page, I usually use that, even if I've seen her before. But I still "expect" a reply via email in a "prompt" fashion. If it's Friday night at 8:30, maybe not until Saturday afternoon. Monday at 10 am? Maybe that afternoon?

Ladies, if I've seen you before, would you prefer direct email?

Another consideration. I recently had a problem contacting someone. Well, seems her laptop went tango uniform on her. Kind of hard to read email. And I don't think she's going to the library to read it from her gmail account (I wouldn't!!).

Yes, I get probably over 300 (three hundred) emails a day, between clients, potential clients and suppliers (don't know how much spam, good filters)
  • Vyt
  • 11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I always prefer email contact initially, and usually via P411. Email is simultaneously less immediately demanding and harder to miss. Routing it through P411 means the provider has my screening information close at hand.