Oops, I know you from the hobby (for providers)

Okay ladies, your insurance agent shows up for an appointment! What the heck do you do? I know my agent by his first name only. How many Ricks are there in Austin?

You get hurt and need a "bus" to the ER. EMT is a hobbyist. Or the ER doc. Or the x-ray guy. Or someone.

You walk into Best Buy and voice from behind says "can I help you?" and it's the guy you saw yesterday.

In my profession (medical) there is a serious and distinct cut-off. If I see you, I don't say a thing unless you say hi first. Inside or outside. But I may see 20 people a day. When I'm in the ER it may be more like 20 people an hour on a Saturday night!!!
BCD in the hospital wait room or break room. Nice!
Chance meetings can be awkward but if you've choosen wisely you should have no problems. Airports and restaurants is where I mostly run into friends. Professional ladies usually know how to handle themselves these situations.
Tess
Our high level blonde is almost quoting Amy Vanderbilt. That is the way to do it guys and gals.
Tess, you are always a Class Act.
Gents, if you see a lady that you recognize, just a slight smile will let the lady know that it is ok to recognize you. This is particularly important if you are with others and the lady is with others. If you and the lady are with others be careful that your smile is not noticed by others or if noticed others will just think its hormones.
Do not stop and shout the others name or handle. Honest I have had that happen by one of our best. Granted, she was totally bombed at the time. And was apologetic when next we met.
As a somewhat well known photographer in San Antonio I have been seen with a various providers many times over the years. I explain that the babe as a model or someone whose portfolio I am shooting.

The only problem with this is that I have to show my S/O some income. If I do then she is happy. Years ago I would have her (my S/O) change my film or help set a background. I fussed so about how she did her job that, now she refuses to help. <G>

A few years ago I did Christmas Eve nude photos of one provider while my S/O waited in my car at the providers request. She made the lady nervous. She paid 50/50 session and cash. I gave my S/O half the cash. Explained how the provider, who was (and still is I suppose) from Mexico City. She had to have the 16x20 black and white photo before midnight. As a present for her friend. I hustled and gave her the photo at 11:35.
Only problem was the lady wanted the photo framed so she went to her clients den and took the Picasso out of its frame and put her photo in place. It was a good photo but not that good. OMG. A BG Picasso!
Rule #1 of the fight club. There is no fight club.

If you run into someone from the hobby in the real world, you don't mention anything about it. Act like they don't know you.

Be prepared to not react if someone from the hobby shows up in the real world. If you get caught showing a reaction, be prepared to not act too guilty. If pressed, say he/she looks familiar, but can't remember where. Maybe someone who occasionally shows up at a lunch out with a group your coworkers, apparently one of your coworker's girlfriend. Or be prepared in case some stupid hobbyist reacts to you or says something. Keep it simple.