Are we better off that the hobby is illegal

A thread here asks the question "do you see handicapped clients?"

This discussion caused me to think of a whole can of worm scenarios that might take place if prostitution were legalized and subject to the plethora of regulations that strap so many businesses today! Just think of all the regulatory agencies and laws that would come in to play - starting with the laws regarding equal access (all traveling providers would have to book handicap accessible rooms, and in calls would have to be handicap accessible). And the there's OSHA. - providers would have to be protected from overweight clients - and heaven forbid vice versa! And the discussion about NBA policies would be mute as discrimination would be illegal - Hell, some providers would have to quit because they can't accommodate large clients (one in particular comes to mind)

I can envision a world where the cost of doing business for providers would outweigh the financial benefits, and/or costs would soar!

What are your thoughts?

This discussion caused me to think of a whole can of worm scenarios that might take place if prostitution were legalized and subject to the plethora of regulations that strap so many businesses today! Just think of all the regulatory agencies and laws that would come in to play - starting with the laws regarding equal access (all traveling providers would have to book handicap accessible rooms, and in calls would have to be handicap accessible). And the there's OSHA. - providers would have to be protected from overweight clients - and heaven forbid vice versa! And the discussion about NBA policies would be mute as discrimination would be illegal - Hell, some providers would have to quit because they can't accommodate large clients (one in particular comes to mind)

I can envision a world where the cost of doing business for providers would outweigh the financial benefits, and/or costs would soar!

What are your thoughts? Originally Posted by Louigi
Don't businesses in America have the right to refuse service to customers as they see fit.
Don't businesses in America have the right to refuse service to customers as they see fit. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
They can, but they can open themselves up to lawsuits if they do.

What are your thoughts? Originally Posted by Louigi
You are right. The Goverment could screw this thing of ours up "BIG TIME".
GOVERMENT??? They tried that in Texas and failed! And we all saw how proabition worked out! Now if you can't sell pussy and booze and make it work WTF?
Don't businesses in America have the right to refuse service to customers as they see fit. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou

Run a legit business and see how far that gets you

sixx
Providers make a lot more because it is illegal. With the exception of Australia, rates are significantly lower in other parts of the world. For example, in the Caribbean, you can get knock down, gorgeous girls for $120 A NIGHT. $40 a session is the equivalent of a top of the line provider. In Eastern Europe, top business men get charged around $400 a night.

But in the middle east, where it is all kinds of illegal and dangerous, rates are sky high and you get a lot less -- especially in Dubai.

If I were a provider, I wouldn't want it legalized. But as a matter of principle, I think that it should be legalized.

By the way, here is an example of what rates would be for a 5 star provider in Australia where it is legal.. still cheaper when you consider that this is top of the line..

casablanca239.net/rates.htm
Providers make a lot more because it is illegal. With the exception of Australia, rates are significantly lower in other parts of the world. For example, in the Caribbean, you can get knock down, gorgeous girls for $120 A NIGHT. $40 a session is the equivalent of a top of the line provider. In Eastern Europe, top business men get charged around $400 a night.

But in the middle east, where it is all kinds of illegal and dangerous, rates are sky high and you get a lot less -- especially in Dubai.

If I were a provider, I wouldn't want it legalized. But as a matter of principle, I think that it should be legalized.

By the way, here is an example of what rates would be for a 5 star provider in Australia where it is legal.. still cheaper when you consider that this is top of the line..

casablanca239.net/rates.htm Originally Posted by Soonerman12
I can't see myself leaving the country to see providers! I haven't finished here yet! LOL
I can't see myself leaving the country to see providers! I haven't finished here yet! LOL Originally Posted by Still Looking
lol.. Good Point!
I prefer it stay illegal but remove the criminal aspect of it. The govt. needs to stay the fk out of my bedroom. Just sayin. I also would never allow anyone to tell me what type of person I am supposed to see, when, and why...I already deal with that for free in the RW.

When I want a pimp, I will just hire one from Eccie lol. I doubt rates would drop because it was all of a sudden legal...used to think that, but many put some interesting things into perspective. Women who don't have to be here, will continue to do what they have always done. The market impact only affects those who are prisoners to it...those on the low end of the demand curve so to speak.

The only thing making it legal would accomplish is forcing us to be licensed (this would be in our real names and the entire world would know what we do btw), make us pay more taxes (thus making our rates higher to cover that), and possibly law suits for discrimination...whatever lol.

Those who choose to still lie to the govt. will have the lower rates, and risk being taken to jail for a felony vs. a misdemeanor. I simply find too many flaws with making it legal vs. just removing the criminal aspect meaning we won't be arrested for it.
When I want a pimp, I will just hire one from Eccie lol. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Yo! Yo! Ho! I gotsa a pimpin ride with some 24s. I can giv a evera thang u need, if ya hang witha me ho! Give me all ya money biatch!
I have had the opportunity to hobby in both the Netherlands and Germany and I think if we were to follow their model legalization could work here. Anyone else out there ever hobby in Europe? Your thoughts?
I have had the opportunity to hobby in both the Netherlands and Germany and I think if we were to follow their model legalization could work here. Anyone else out there ever hobby in Europe? Your thoughts? Originally Posted by bistraight69
Holy cow.. I'm going to be working in London for 3 weeks in Febuary and will be taking the Eurostar train down to Amsterdam? Are you going to be there at that time?

I've heard good things about Amsterdam, but I've never had a chance to get down there. Germany.. I've been there but haven't hobbied there.
I have had the opportunity to hobby in both the Netherlands and Germany and I think if we were to follow their model legalization could work here. Anyone else out there ever hobby in Europe? Your thoughts? Originally Posted by bistraight69
Anyway, please share some of your input on Amsterdam and Germany -- especially good rates. I'm not too impressed with the scene in London.
The US government can and does fuck up free lunches. They went broke trying to run a whore house in Nevada that they acquired by taking it over for tax problems.

Decriminalized yes, legalized never.