Disco

So as I do on many mornings I had Pandora on disco today, dancing naked and getting ready for the day....and BOOM on comes Donna Summer. Shit I was probably 10 or 12 when I first saw her and wanted to fuck that gorgeous songbird with my little weener...Died last year or year before...sad..

Then on comes The Bee Gee ' s with How Deep is your Love....godammit who doesn't love Saturday Night Fever?!?!

Maurice and Robin both gone (not to mention Andy)...poor Barry....some of you might be too young to appreciate these disco greats, but it's such happy music..

Dammit I'm feeling a little sad...sigh...think I need a nice bj☺
Non-hobby related, goes in the Sandbox
I appreciate disco more today than I used to back in the day... fortunate to have seen both Donna Summer and the Bee Gees.. and one of my favorite concerts was a disco "throwback" show in Houston back in 2007.. KC & the Sunshine Band, a Taste of Honey, Village People, Peaches and Herb, Maxine Nightingale..

some people don't realize Michael Jackson made one of the greatest disco albums with "Off the Wall"..
I agree Chung, I appreciate it so much more now...I was expelled from High School for a day in the very late 70's for wearing a DISCO SUCKS t-shirt to school. When I went back I wore it again, but underneath my FOGHAT LIVE t-shirt. I was flashing my DISCO sucks tee to everyone. Teachers were laughing their asses off at me, they all knew what happened to me, they all knew me, even in a high school of 3200, but no one sent me to the asst. principal's office.

I think Donna Summer was the first black woman I fantasized about fucking.
I remember wearing my multi-colored striped bell bottoms so tight I had to keep adjusting my nuts to keep them hanging straight. Hated disco, but in college the hottest spot in town for chicks was a disco.
I appreciate disco more today than I used to back in the day...

some people don't realize Michael Jackson made one of the greatest disco albums with "Off the Wall".. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I feel the same. I was a "Disco Sucks" guy at the time. Now, I pine for the days when artists wrote and sang as well as the Brothers Gibb.

I bought "Off the Wall" a few years ago. That record would be the crowning achievement of 99.9% of the popular artists that have ever recorded. It's damn near miraculous that MJ found another gear and managed to top that album with "Thriller".
I think Donna Summer was the first black woman I fantasized about fucking. Originally Posted by ManSlut
indeed ManSlut.. if your "apparatus" doesn't tingle a bit when you hear that moaning in "love to love you baby", you need to get your plumbing checked..

I bought "Off the Wall" a few years ago. That record would be the crowning achievement of 99.9% of the popular artists that have ever recorded. It's damn near miraculous that MJ found another gear and managed to top that album with "Thriller". Originally Posted by TinMan
exactly TinMan.. that album doesn't let up.. even lets you take a breather from the dance floor with "she's out of my life" and "I can't help it", 2 great ballads.. Stevie Wonder wrote the latter, he had so many great songs in him, that he had to give some away!
Non-hobby related, goes in the Sandbox Originally Posted by Mojojo
Love the ole disco music! 88.5 plays alot of it...
Never cared for disco. Detested it, actually. However, I somehow always managed to carve out an exception for the music of Ms. Summer. Beautiful voice and the face of an angel.

I was genuinely saddened to hear of Ms. Summer's passing almost three long years ago (time flies, doesn't it?). I was also touched the next year when her husband, along with their three beautiful daughters, accepted Donna's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His speech was brief, but joyful and heartfelt. Here's the clip, with her family appearing at the 5:50 mark: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...ame-2013_music

As an aside, had I known Ms. Summer was into white guys, and had I been a little older, I might've done sumpin' about it back in the day. Might've tried, anyway Not that it would've done any good, 'cause, judging by that clip, she'd found the right guy. And that's worth a double smiley
  • BLM69
  • 03-17-2015, 09:02 PM
When you guys say disco, we talking about early 80s?
When you guys say disco, we talking about early 80s? Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Disco was all but dead by then, brother. New Wave had appeared by the early '80's. Disco was at its height from the mid '70's though the end of that decade, and Ms. Summer was the unquestioned Queen of the genre.
Thought I'd never say this, but as much as I detested disco (short for discotheque, a club with flashing lights, 5" heels for guys, shiny clothes, etc.) I actually like it better than some of the shit they put out today.

Try sitting still to "Get Down Tonight", lol.

As an aside, had I known Ms. Summer was into white guys, and had I been a little older, I might've done sumpin' about it back in the day. Might've tried, anyway Not that it would've done any good, 'cause, judging by that clip, she'd found the right guy. And that's worth a double smiley Originally Posted by eccienewbie
I remember watching a Donna Summer TV special in 1979.. she had her daughter on the show, the child from her first white husband.. her daughter was blonde (German father), and I remember thinking, "why are they having this white girl on, pretending to be Donna Summer's daughter"?