Question for y'all

Guys how do I break it to my coworker who's a good friend that she been a victim of a military romance scam? I can't believe she was so foolish
and gullible and sent him 50 grand via bitcoin "overseas " for a "medical expense". This is sad
oh my god O_O
Can't fix stupid, probably can find thousands of videos on youtube that discuss it.
Can't fix stupid, probably can find thousands of videos on youtube that discuss it. Originally Posted by ben dover
I guess you're right, just crazy to me
I've thought about this a bit; People have paid more to chase a fantasy. Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised... Is he a scammer, or is she a sugar mommy without realizing it? As long as she pays, the fantasy continues...

That being said. I've heard of dudes paying deposits three times before realizing it is a scam... It is sad, but she at least (hopefully) knows better for next time. What you really should do is break it to her easily, maybe with another friend. This is a learning experience for her.
I've thought about this a bit; People have paid more to chase a fantasy. Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised... Is he a scammer, or is she a sugar mommy without realizing it? As long as she pays, the fantasy continues...

That being said. I've heard of dudes paying deposits three times before realizing it is a scam... It is sad, but she at least (hopefully) knows better for next time. What you really should do is break it to her easily, maybe with another friend. This is a learning experience for her. Originally Posted by valkyra
Thanks for this Valkyra. She has no idea and I'm the one who figure it out. Stuff she been telling just didn't make sense lately. The military pays for all medical expenses and he's asking for a another 100 grand for a 7 day vacation via jet flight. Another thing the military pays for. Never even talked on the phone or video chat before smh. Common sense isn't really that common sometimes.
Valkyra is on point.

Here's my add:
You may have no choice but to be blunt.
Maybe start with an apology that you're going to be blunt.

And yes, military covers all medical for folks that are in service (I intentionally worded that like that).

Last, she's been telling folks about this probably cause a wisp of worry is already on her mind.
Thanks for this Valkyra. She has no idea and I'm the one who figure it out. Stuff she been telling just didn't make sense lately. The military pays for all medical expenses and he's asking for a another 100 grand for a 7 day vacation via jet flight. Another thing the military pays for. Never even talked on the phone or video chat before smh. Common sense isn't really that common sometimes. Originally Posted by Bigthings
the military will pay for the flight on a government aircraft or military charter. and yes they do pay for the medical expenses sounds like a catfish scam to me!!
Is your friend mentally stable? Something’s amiss here, I mean that’s a lot of coin to give someone that you’ve never even met before. If she was my friend, I would have been upfront from day one with my opinion and that is. It’s a Scam!