RIP Sherman Helmsley

I have fond memories of watching him playing George Jefferson when he was Archie Bunkers neighbor and of course moving on to his own show the Jefferson's.

His characters interactions with Archie Bunker were ahead of its time and even with humor where not afraid to be non PC.

At my grandparent's house you didn't talk during Dallas, All In The Family, or the Jeffersons!

sixx
Hope he is having fun in the great watermelon patch in da sky.
He was the first person I ever saw strut with style.
Movin' On Up , to the Deluxe apartment in the Sky!!!!
he was a great actor! I loved jefferesons!
I'm all WEEZY!
He was a very talented man.
His portrayal of George Jefferson was classic.

He is back with Weezy now.

RIP Sherman
Well said all. I watched the show in the 70s. It was ground breaking. A black mn doing well in a white world. But, on reflection, what I most loved, was his relationship with his wife. They loved one another because they understood one another. We should all be so lucky.
  • Carl
  • 07-24-2012, 10:34 PM
It's a shame he passed. Sherman Hemsley brought a lot of laughs to a lot of people.

But as a vaguely tangentially related aside, I find it curious that from time to time in this and other forums (like the national Sandbox and Main Discussion forums) we memorialize the passing of the famous or notorious but to date I haven't seen any threads in the three forums I just mentioned to memorialize the victims killed in Aurora, Colorado. The only mentions have been in the national forums where minor brush fires/pissing matches have been started to argue about gun rights, gun control and politics. But for the victims, no RIPS for the deceased or get well soon threads for the survivors or even threads dedicated to condemnations of the shooter.

It just strikes me odd as to the involuntary selection of the non-hobby news of the world that is collectively or individually deemed significant enough by the community to mention and commiserate over.
It's a shame he passed. Sherman Hemsley brought a lot of laughs to a lot of people.

But as a vaguely tangentially related aside, I find it curious that from time to time in this and other forums (like the national Sandbox and Main Discussion forums) we memorialize the passing of the famous or notorious but to date I haven't seen any threads in the three forums I just mentioned to memorialize the victims killed in Aurora, Colorado. The only mentions have been in the national forums where minor brush fires/pissing matches have been started to argue about gun rights, gun control and politics. But for the victims, no RIPS for the deceased or get well soon threads for the survivors or even threads dedicated to condemnations of the shooter.

It just strikes me odd as to the involuntary selection of the non-hobby news of the world that is collectively or individually deemed significant enough by the community to mention and commiserate over. Originally Posted by Carl
carl,

Perhaps you should start your own thread? I was stunned at the massacre that occured earlier this week. I went to a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight" and I read about the horror when I woke up. I am a HUGE gun rights advocate but that sonofabitch should have been killed by the cops. Had I been a cop I would have blasted that fucker and claimed he raised a weapon first. That piece of shit should be fucked up his ass with a tree branch and have his head chopped off with a chainsaw in front of a PPV national audience and let some blood thirsty pit bulls eat that motherfucker and shit em out a few hours later.... that's the bottom line.. cuz Sixx said so....

That dudes a gut less coward. take his guns away and I could snap his fucking neck off with my bare hands. That isn't tough guy talk, it's the gospel truth

sixx

But as a vaguely tangentially related aside, I find it curious that from time to time in this and other forums (like the national Sandbox and Main Discussion forums) we memorialize the passing of the famous or notorious but to date I haven't seen any threads in the three forums I just mentioned to memorialize the victims killed in Aurora, Colorado. The only mentions have been in the national forums where minor brush fires/pissing matches have been started to argue about gun rights, gun control and politics. Originally Posted by Carl
Like there isn't enough weeping of crocadile tears everywhere else over what happend there. I guarantee you whatever we say here will not console the families. The building where I work has its flag at half mast all week so I've done my part.
It just strikes me odd as to the involuntary selection of the non-hobby news of the world that is collectively or individually deemed significant enough by the community to mention and commiserate over. Originally Posted by Carl
Maybe the community here can smell the bullshit more than normal? You might want to research psy ops or Psycological Operations. Or you could just take the blue pill and go back to sleep.