OMG...Whoever did this "Coolest Cities" list is clueless

Huh? No offense to any Houston lovers but I have lived in Houston and couldn't wait to get out...Whoever did this list is very misinformed. Thoughts?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbr...ities-to-live/
Huh? No offense to any Houston lovers but I have lived in Houston and couldn't wait to get out...Whoever did this list is very misinformed. Thoughts?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbr...ities-to-live/ Originally Posted by bueller22
Washington, D.C. at #2 is stranger to me than Houston at #1. I'm sure each city on the list has its strong points, but I'll take Austin over Houston, Dallas, or S.A. anyday.
  • Trip
  • 07-27-2012, 09:45 AM

Morgan Brennan

My Stats

Contributor Since:March 2010Location:sitting at two computer screens in the landmarked Forbes building in the Big Apple
About Me

I cover real estate, writing about everything from trends in the housing market to ultra high-end luxury listings to data-based cities lists. Real estate is in my blood thanks to a realtor for a mom and a property developer/landlord for a dad. I have had a front row seat for the real estate market's inflation and subsequent crash over the past decade, watching my dad carry on with underwater mortgages and my mom struggle to put home sales together. I have been both a homeowner and a renter in the New York area and can't decide which I prefer.
I am also a regular guest on the 'Forbes on Fox' show on Fox News every Saturday morning and can sometimes be found discussing the major business headlines of the week on MSNBC's 'Weekends with Alex Witt.'
Before taking on the real estate beat, I worked as an Anchor/Reporter in Forbes Video. These days I shoot videos of crazy homes.
I graduated from New York University in 2009 with a BA in Anthropology and prior to that I worked in the other end of media as a recording artist with Sony.
If you have tips, story ideas or listings to submit for consideration, email me at mbrennan@forbes.com.

Professional

I'm Known For...

my ability to switch gears and change constantly, whether it be the subjects of my news coverage or the color of my hair.
Things That Really Happened

My first news story involved interviewing female "terrorists". I survived cholera (yes it still exists). I climbed Kilimanjaro. I was the Wendy's Girl in a series of mid-90s commercials.
Where I'd Like To Be 10 Years From Now

Traveling the world, making meaningful differences in people's lives.
Why Forbes

Because in society, most everything fundamentally revolves around business of some kind.
Personal

What I'm Currently Addicted To...

Dessert, forever addicted to dessert. And adrenaline rushes. And of course making videos.
This Is Bringing Me Joy...

when I can positively influence someone's life through an action or even a few words.
This Is Helping Me Create...

adversity helps me create. Every time.
My Most Awkward Moment

Having Gene Simmons from KISS stick his tongue in my ear during my first ever on-camera shoot.
Agreed , Los Angeles is better ! Better weather , more things to do , beaches with water that isn't brown , hotter chicks , mountains , and so on....
  • Toyz
  • 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
San Francisco fan here...also Seattle, New Orleans, Vancouver are all much better than Houston (Iknow but we are working a trade for Norman, Ok & Lincoln, Ne to get Vancouver as an American city)
Yeah I lived in H-town for five years it was kind of a shitpit. If I want death by heat and humidity and maybe West Nile I'd at least like to have the audacity to do it in proper tropics. Then again the Huffington Post does a list of "Best Places to Live" and I'm pretty sure have picked SF as number one more than once. It really irritates me when people are allowed to publish their stupid top ten lists in lieu of any kind of journalistic contribution. Anyway I'm with Gene, I'd probably stick my tongue in her ear.
One of the problems I had was that some of the stats were based on absolute numbers. Houston is about 2 1/2 times the size of Austin, so NFW it has more parks & restaurants and such. And there are several parks there that need a monorail directly to Ben Taub.

A lot of these "Best" articles are pure crap, sometimes written without any physical research. I used Wikipedia and came up with a very similar list.
This list's are always bs. I laugh at the list of favorite employers. I remember Fed Ex being near top at the same time they had 26 employee/contractor lawsuits being levied against them.